OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Nebraska Tags not available!

Started by Dtrkyman, March 30, 2020, 10:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nativeks

Quote from: greencop01 on March 31, 2020, 01:49:50 PM
Its discrimination against non-residents, The Carona Virus is already in Nebraska, if you close it, you close it to everyone, that is fair, not what they're doing now.   :TrainWreck1:
Newsflash life isnt fair

spaightlabs

Quote from: nativeks on March 31, 2020, 12:36:31 PM
I will shock me if this state were to do that. Its all about the money in KS.

I just mentioned the same thing to my hunting partner.  KDWP never misses a chance to make a dollar.

spaightlabs

Quote from: greencop01 on March 31, 2020, 01:27:26 PM
I will boycott any state that bans non-residents. If they ban they should ban ALL HUNTERS, residents too. I will cross those states off my vacation plans also. It is DISCRIMINATION of the worst kind. They take our money when it is politically expedient to them. Time to fight back.  :z-twocents:

Good.  Stay out of NE.  And thank you in advance.  Stay out of KS, CO, WY, NM, OK too if you don't mind. :funnyturkey:

nativeks

Quote from: nativeks on March 31, 2020, 01:51:56 PM
Its discrimination against non-residents, The Carona Virus is already in Nebraska, if you close it, you close it to everyone, that is fair, not what they're doing now.   :TrainWreck1:
Newsflash life isnt fair
Technically if you come from a place considered a hot area like Louisiana or New York you are supposed to be under quarantine for 14 days. The rest of the state has a stay at home order and many municipalities are adopting laws to make it a class c misdemeanor if they catch you out doing  you shouldnt be.

fallhnt

I will boycott any state that bans non-residents. If they ban they should ban ALL HUNTERS, residents too. I will cross those states off my vacation plans also. It is DISCRIMINATION of the worst kind. They take our money when it is politically expedient to them. Time to fight back.  :z-twocents:
Hey look at the bright side. NR landowners can still hunt NE

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

fallhnt

NE is out for NR so I'm not going to KS. At least those residents can hunt. The fat azz governor in IL closed state land until further notice. I'm out in my home state too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

LaLongbeard

Quote from: howl on March 31, 2020, 09:45:10 AM
Quote from: Tomfoolery on March 31, 2020, 07:56:48 AM
Quote from: dzsmith on March 31, 2020, 01:20:14 AM
Quote from: Marc on March 31, 2020, 12:19:19 AM
I have not heard anything, but I would assume that most states stop selling out-of-state tags this season.  Seems like a large unnecessary risk.
I wouldn't call it unnecessary when you have states like louisianna who literally doubled in infection rates in 2 days. I say that because im right next door, and the border counties have some the highest rates spreading up and out of louisianna. so is traveling a risk at this point...yes it is.
Its new orleans man. The month after mardi gras, when people from all over the world come and drink out of each others hand grenades and vomit on each other. A lot worse stuff to catch in Nola. Lol

Yep. Nola is 3rd world.

New Orleans is not 3rd world, it is however a filthy sewer lol. They should have caged them up as soon as the first cases were confirmed.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

MichaelC

I hunt private on both sides of Neb/ KS line and have 1 tag for each state in hand- typically buy additional tags as I harvest.  Got the email from Neb this am as I'm sure many of you did.  Had planned to head out that way April 13 th.....we'll see what happens over the next 6 weeks.  Having a hard time justifying the travel to other states w the current situation.  Nice to read they're offering a refund.

As for KS, I talked w an information officer this am and he said it's still on as scheduled but that decisions are being made day by day.  For example, there's already a mandatory 14 day quarantine if you're coming from Colorado... whether you're a resident or not.  Can't help but think that will be the new normal for most states out here even if they allow hunting.   

spaightlabs

Nah - again under the KS will do anything for a buck file...

https://khap2.kdhe.state.ks.us/NewsRelease/PDFs/3-27-20%20travel.pdf

I can come from CO to KS and mosey around as I see fit.  If someone from KS comes to CO they have to Self-Quarantine for 14 days...makes a lot of sense.

Marc

I sure hope these posts are meant to read sarcastically. 

I had a couple tentative plans to travel and hunt...  In state and out.  I am not even distantly considering those plans currently.

It is not turkey hunting in and of itself that can potentially spread the infection, it is getting supplies, gas, food, etc...  And the contact you come in with other people doing so.

Heck, as far as we know, you could get and spread the disease ordering calls and/or ammunition.  The virus can stay viable on hard and soft surfaces for up to days....  And so far as I can tell, hunters often seem to have a more blasé attitude about the seriousness and spreading of this infection.

JUST ONE PERSON BRINGING THE VIRUS INTO OR OUT OF AN AREA, could cause catastrophic health and economic consequences.

Now, if someone can hunt safely within their own area, more power to them.  I hope they are successful and safe.  It appears absurdly infantile to have an attitude that "If I can't go, then nobody should."

AND remember...  The states and areas responsible enough to limit out of area tags are losing, NOT gaining revenue in doing this.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

mudhen

Everyone should stay home...it's the only correct option...period...
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

BigSlam51

My Nebraska tag is in the mailbox being sent back for a refund. Was really looking forward to my first hunt out there too.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Elmerfudd

Had to cancel Nebraska and Ontario as well in all likelihood. Still have WV to hunt and will make the most of an abbreviated season this year.

TonyTurk

Quote from: Marc on March 31, 2020, 04:20:13 PM

I sure hope these posts are meant to read sarcastically. 

I had a couple tentative plans to travel and hunt...  In state and out.  I am not even distantly considering those plans currently.

It is not turkey hunting in and of itself that can potentially spread the infection, it is getting supplies, gas, food, etc...  And the contact you come in with other people doing so.

Heck, as far as we know, you could get and spread the disease ordering calls and/or ammunition.  The virus can stay viable on hard and soft surfaces for up to days....  And so far as I can tell, hunters often seem to have a more blasé attitude about the seriousness and spreading of this infection.

JUST ONE PERSON BRINGING THE VIRUS INTO OR OUT OF AN AREA, could cause catastrophic health and economic consequences.

Now, if someone can hunt safely within their own area, more power to them.  I hope they are successful and safe.  It appears absurdly infantile to have an attitude that "If I can't go, then nobody should."

AND remember...  The states and areas responsible enough to limit out of area tags are losing, NOT gaining revenue in doing this.

I completely agree that folks should be allowed to hunt safely in their own area.  But how do we define what "their own area" is?  Is it a 20 minute drive from the house?  One hour?  Three hours?  That's where we start getting into shades of gray.   ???

Marc

Quote from: TonyTurk on March 31, 2020, 05:52:17 PM

I completely agree that folks should be allowed to hunt safely in their own area.  But how do we define what "their own area" is?  Is it a 20 minute drive from the house?  One hour?  Three hours?  That's where we start getting into shades of gray.   ???

That is a good question, and one reason that I would not argue with a decision to close all seasons everywhere.

For me personally, it is leaving the house and being able to go to hunt an area with the reasonable expectation of NOT having to come into any contact with anyone for any reason without having to spend the night anywhere to hunt.

Gas is all local and gloves are used, and food/lunch comes from my own home (which I would have to eat anyways).

I do generally hunt some public ground, and this season, I am not...   

On the other side of that coin, people should get outside (with social distancing), and fresh air and activity is good for us.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.