fallhnt

A decision to be made at 12:00

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

762hunter

I just got word no NR tags for me so my trip just got canceled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nebgoosehunter

Here is the official proclamation.  Public lands are still open for residents and non residents who have already purchased.
http://govdocs.nebraska.gov/docs/pilot/pubs/eofiles/20-11.pdf?fbclid=IwAR14a3w9yaucbQC4KFlMCBbDNMAqlnCLQsEdAy-wKEtK1E5lTpcsHKR1WnY

spaightlabs

It's a turkey hunt.  There will be more turkey hunts.

Probably be a good thing for most states if there was no turkey hinging for a year to give the populations a chance to build a bit, and it will definitely be a good thing to stop accidental transport of CV19 in from out of state.

fallhnt

They were battling for a week on the decision due to economic impact. I'm sure other states will follow. NR land owners can hunt. Glad I enjoy Fall hunting more. Public should be good this year. I may not be hunting my home state as our fat azz governor closed state owned land too. Year of the privileged. 

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

dbishop

Quote from: spaightlabs on March 31, 2020, 11:50:21 AM
It's a turkey hunt.  There will be more turkey hunts.

Probably be a good thing for most states if there was no turkey hinging for a year to give the populations a chance to build a bit, and it will definitely be a good thing to stop accidental transport of CV19 in from out of state.

I couldn't agree more with these statements.   I realize people really look forward to traveling to turkey hunt every spring...as do I.   I look forward much more though to seeing my friends and loved ones.   If the only way to slow the spread of this virus is to stay at home...people need to stop taking this so lightly and obey the stay at home orders.  If not for the sake of themselves...then for the sake of the less fortunate person they may accidentally transmit this virus to while traveling.

Marc

Quote from: dzsmith on March 31, 2020, 01:20:14 AM
Quote from: Marc on March 31, 2020, 12:19:19 AM
I have not heard anything, but I would assume that most states stop selling out-of-state tags this season.  Seems like a large unnecessary risk.
I wouldn't call it unnecessary when you have states like louisianna who literally doubled in infection rates in 2 days. I say that because im right next door, and the border counties have some the highest rates spreading up and out of louisianna. so is traveling a risk at this point...yes it is.
I meant that hunting out of state is a large unnecessary risk....  Quite frankly, I am surprised that anyone watching the news would still be interested in traveling to hunt.  It could potentially just take one person to make things go sideways really quickly.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

nativeks

I will shock me if this state were to do that. Its all about the money in KS.

tnanh

Tennessee opens this weekend and they need to do it asap also. Do we really want someone from New York or New Orleans to come here just to turkey hunt this year? Its not really the hunting that is a problem. It all the people they come in contact with along the way.

deerhunt1988

Quote from: nativeks on March 31, 2020, 12:36:31 PM
I will shock me if this state were to do that. Its all about the money in KS.

All those displaced NE hunters gonna try to go soomewhere...  guess it's a good thing half of KS dropped its limit!

greencop01

I will boycott any state that bans non-residents. If they ban they should ban ALL HUNTERS, residents too. I will cross those states off my vacation plans also. It is DISCRIMINATION of the worst kind. They take our money when it is politically expedient to them. Time to fight back.  :z-twocents:
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

tnanh

Honestly and not being an a hole, no state in the country really cares if a hunter boy cots them. This virus is not the norm and I do agree it seems to have gotten out of hand but, it is probably better to over react than under react. It is not descrimination over a turkey hunt cancelled because of a disease. I mean come on, people are dying.

greencop01

Its discrimination against non-residents, The Carona Virus is already in Nebraska, if you close it, you close it to everyone, that is fair, not what they're doing now.   :TrainWreck1:
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

spaightlabs

Quote from: Marc on March 31, 2020, 12:27:18 PM
Quote from: dzsmith on March 31, 2020, 01:20:14 AM
Quote from: Marc on March 31, 2020, 12:19:19 AM
I have not heard anything, but I would assume that most states stop selling out-of-state tags this season.  Seems like a large unnecessary risk.
I wouldn't call it unnecessary when you have states like louisianna who literally doubled in infection rates in 2 days. I say that because im right next door, and the border counties have some the highest rates spreading up and out of louisianna. so is traveling a risk at this point...yes it is.
I meant that hunting out of state is a large unnecessary risk....  Quite frankly, I am surprised that anyone watching the news would still be interested in traveling to hunt.  It could potentially just take one person to make things go sideways really quickly.

I'm holding a NE tag and a KS tag.  Not gonna use either of them...not worth it to me.

Unless things have substantially changed for the better by Mid May...will re-evalaute then.