turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Nebraska Tags not available!

Started by Dtrkyman, March 30, 2020, 10:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dtrkyman

Anyone hear anything on Nebraska tags, a friend said they were not available and I just logged in to check and it would not let me purchase one.

fallhnt

That's a problem with the system. I know NR that are hunting now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Dtrkyman

That is what I was hoping. But also hear they stopped selling tags Friday?

fallhnt

Quote from: Dtrkyman on March 30, 2020, 10:30:35 PM
That is what I was hoping. But also hear they stopped selling tags Friday?
The season opened the 25th. I doubt they would stop selling permits without an anouncment. Man the rumours you hear now are outrageous.

Dtrkyman

I logged in to buy a tag, would not let me!

dzsmith

I saw a guy comment on facebook saying he called game and fish and they will no longer be available to non residents in Nebraska. Could it be a lie ? yes. But there was a whole facebook post on it, and multiple people said the same thing. People keep getting there hopes up thinking they'll be able to go wherever they want and do whatever they want....states are slowly but surely closing. its just the way it is.....hope its a glitch, but I don't think it is.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

fallhnt

I don't see any information on KS or NE with a Google search yet. I'll call tomorrow

Marc

I have not heard anything, but I would assume that most states stop selling out-of-state tags this season.  Seems like a large unnecessary risk.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

fallhnt

Looks like NR can't buy tag for NE but NR land owner can. I know some NR hunting NE now. Season started the 25th

dzsmith

Quote from: Marc on March 31, 2020, 12:19:19 AM
I have not heard anything, but I would assume that most states stop selling out-of-state tags this season.  Seems like a large unnecessary risk.
I wouldn't call it unnecessary when you have states like louisianna who literally doubled in infection rates in 2 days. I say that because im right next door, and the border counties have some the highest rates spreading up and out of louisianna. so is traveling a risk at this point...yes it is.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

Gooserbat

Well I bought my Missouri tags since it's only 18 miles from home to there, hopefully I can get there.  I have over 2000 private acres to hunt.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

ahfox16

I've heard its cancelled for Out of State Hunters in Nebraska unless you have already purchased your tags.  Even then out of staters will only be able to hunt private land.  Supposed to be a press release later today.

Tomfoolery

Quote from: dzsmith on March 31, 2020, 01:20:14 AM
I wouldn't call it unnecessary when you have states like louisianna who literally doubled in infection rates in 2 days. I say that because im right next door, and the border counties have some the highest rates spreading up and out of louisianna. so is traveling a risk at this point...yes it is.
Its new orleans man. The month after mardi gras, when people from all over the world come and drink out of each others hand grenades and vomit on each other. A lot worse stuff to catch in Nola. Lol

jrinny

I canceled my hunt in Texas. I had already purchased my Turkey tags/license online. The Texas wildlife dept. refunded the cost of my license. They said they would review refunds on a case by case basis

howl

Quote from: Tomfoolery on March 31, 2020, 07:56:48 AM
Quote from: dzsmith on March 31, 2020, 01:20:14 AM
Its new orleans man. The month after mardi gras, when people from all over the world come and drink out of each others hand grenades and vomit on each other. A lot worse stuff to catch in Nola. Lol

Yep. Nola is 3rd world.