turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mark Twain info

Started by RiverRoost, March 30, 2020, 09:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

Can anybody PM with info on where to start out for a long weekend hunt in Mark Twain NF? Don't know if there is camp grounds around areas that we could set up tents in or what being that I don't know how well of an idea staying in a hotel is right now. My brother and I would like to go and we are from Mississippi so if there is a couple good places to start we'd sure appreciate some round about info. Also, any ideas how the population numbers are or how the hatch went last year and year before

deerhunt1988

Dtrkyman

Missouri site has great hatch and harvest info!

turkey_picker

They have had bad hatches for the last 3 or 4 years and according to their web site, expect harder hunting/low numbers of gobblers for the next few years. 

Greg Massey

Quote from: deerhunt1988 on March 30, 2020, 09:49:22 PM
Irish Wilderness
Agree we hunter out of Alton Mo. and camped next to the 11 point river. Just be careful , that River can flash flood.  That's been years ago , and that pretty much all i can tell you. No far from Hurricane Mills.. Good luck .

Fullfan

Been hunting SE Missouri as a non resident for the past 28 years.  Birds are around but with the wet springs producing bad hatches, they are thin. More of a problem is the amount of hunters. The first 20 years I never saw another hunter, and if I heard a shot I knew who it was.  Now it is not uncommon for ppl to park within 100yds of our camp and hunt, and we camp remote.  Everyday of the two weeks I hunted last year I saw other hunters.  Best of luck to ya, and the flash flood warning is no joke...
Don't gobble at me...

fallhnt

MO may not have NR hunting this year. Better buy your permits now

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy