turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Guess I'm done in Florida....

Started by Old Gobbler, March 29, 2020, 07:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

This morning Sunday ...the good news , I've shot 2 nice adult gobblers in Florida  ...the bad news I guess im done with Florida....with all the crazy stuff going down these days I'm gonna hunker down as this covid 19 stuff is "getting real "

Hunting again with a good buddy , birds were on fire ....got them good and worked up with fast clucking off of my push pin , hens cutting all over , birds hammering it was crazy ...And then I pulled out one of Mike Penticost signature /woodhavens brand new mouth calls the "talon" link https://woodhavencustomcalls.com/shop/the-talon-new-2020/  ....THIS CALL DROVE THEM INSANE , had 2 nice gobblers do a dead run from over 600 yards  for me ....at 40 I pulled up the 10 gauge and I had to wait for one I dint want to shoot to step well to the side and I lowered the hammer , I love my 10 gauge but it throws a trash can lid size of devastation and I have to be cautious where I point it , its dialed in with a sumtoy .685 choke and federal #7 hw ...its a beast

I have what they call a bump pallet, the roof of my mouth has a bump in it and it makes it difficult to find the right mouth calls
..ALL OF WOODHAVENS CALLS ARE THE BEST MONEY CAN BUY....but this call, is my new favorite,  this thing makes you sound like you know what your doing ....BUY ONE, it's worth the money , thank me latter , dont toy around with the other stuff get this call ....

Im without a doubt the world's biggest push pin addict , but I'm not a one trick pony , I switch to up cause you never know what the birds are gonna like that day ,they went absolutely APE Sh@T over this call.  It blows easy with a distict authentic raspy rollover , does sharp cuts ...kee kees...EASY TO USE my all time favorite diaphram and I've used BY A WIDE MARGIN ... (WOODHAVEN /TALON)

Love this call .... this is more of a PSA and not a plug this is a fantastic call

Anyways nice adult florida gobbler with a 9 plus beard and sharp spurs ...

Thanks for lookin --Stay safe--Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

tomstopper

Awesome. Congrats and stay healthy Shannon

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Beards and Hooks

Nice and congrats on two great birds

Mathews.1

Tom007

Wow, great job. I am trying those Woodhaven mouth calls too this year. Bought them in Bass Pro. Great season congrats....
"Solo hunter"

Marc

Great bird!

Sorry to hear you will be sitting out the rest of the season.

What makes turkey hunting in Florida so much more dangerous than hunkering at home (outside of having to get gas)?  Do you have to travel a long distance?  Or do you for some reason have to come into contact with other people?
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Greg Massey

Ozarks Hillbilly

Congrats Shannon

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

UGAturkey

Congrats!  Hunker down and take care.
Turkey hunting is the addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. -Charlie Elliott

ManfromGreenSwamp

Super, good work! The birds are on fire this season here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"First one to the carcass gets the most"
-T.Farley

"I'm livin ta rest, I was born tired"
-B.Button

Old Gobbler

Quote from: Marc on March 29, 2020, 08:25:14 PM
Great bird!

Sorry to hear you will be sitting out the rest of the season.

What makes turkey hunting in Florida so much more dangerous than hunkering at home (outside of having to get gas)?  Do you have to travel a long distance?  Or do you for some reason have to come into contact with other people?
I'm in Broward county , work for ups ....we are deemed "essential "and we are indeed very busy as folks are staying home and ordering everything online

I've been wearing gloves for 3 weeks , people thought I was crazy ..but I'm not catching anything...we dont touch anything...

The trucks have no a/c , that helps as the temps above 65 I'm told kill the virus....the trucks are hot !

But anyways ...I have a good job , im healthy , and I'm working so I'm blessed

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

1iagobblergetter

Congrats.... I was worried about Covid-19 going around and now my appendix ended up bursting instead...had to have emergency surgery today. You never know what will take you down. I hope to just get one bird. We have less than 2 weeks before my boys youth season

jgard

Congratulations Shannon. You deliver guys and truckers are keeping America going so thanks

Tennessee Lead

Congratulations on your Gobblers!
That's a pretty sweet off road buggy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk