OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

First Turkey with a mouth call.

Started by Snood Life, March 29, 2020, 10:51:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snood Life

I have always wanted to work a turkey from start to finish with a mouth call. I just never had confidence that I sounded good enough to do it. Last April Sam had a giveaway and I won several of his mouth calls. Fast forward to last Thursday, I called this bird in about 200 yards only using a Gooserbat mouth call. I know every company says their mouth calls are the easiest to blow, and I have tried them all, but for me Gooserbat mouth calls are a step above the rest. Thanks Sam for making great mouth calls and helping me make my dream come true. He sure liked the Hillbilly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strum

Great bird !!   Knowing you took the time to learn how and make it work for you makes it even sweeter. Congrats

Greg Massey

Yoteduster

Turkeyman

Very nice bird...and quality picture!

tomstopper

Very nice. Congrats on a fine gobbler

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

JeffC

Congrats on a fine bird, glad you were able to achieve your goal.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

hotspur

That's awesome. I remember when all I used was a mouth call , great way to call a turkey

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Hobbes

GobbleNut

Congrats to both you and Sam!  I really like the pics,...especially the one with the great pose with the bird and with a big smile on your face.  That's the expression that successful turkey hunters should always have!

hotspur

That turkey had a sore foot and still came looking for that mouth call :drool:

Kytomgetter

That's a dandy. Congrats thanks for sharing

tlh2865

Congratulations on a fine bird! Its an amazing feeling to be able to work a bird with a mouth call, feels more like you're talking to him yourself.