turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Finished it up! Georgia season!

Started by Bustabeak, March 28, 2020, 10:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bustabeak

The Good Lord really blessed me this year! I ended my Georgia season this morning about 8:15. Not a single gobble before 8:00. So I decided to skip to a ridge that has always held some gobblers. I happened to sneak up on some hens. I have no clue if they saw me or not, but I slipped up next to a tree and sat down and got ready just in case. I called pretty soft and a jake yelped back and then the gobbler fired off for the first time. I ended up calling the jake in and he spotted me. The gobbler luckily was coming from the other direction. He gobbled again and I pulled him in with some soft yelps. I did take a lengthy shot because he also spotted me. Guess it's hard to camo a 300lbs fella!? but Hal's Big 20XL did some work on him. But he only gobbled 3 times. Again, super blessed this year is an understatement!

Bustabeak

I tried to edit my post on the Tapatalk app. Couldn't get it to work. So I just added the other pics in a reply.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Greg Massey

boomer

Congrats

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

tomstopper

Nicely done. Congrats

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Harty

NCL

Congratulation and thanks for the story

Yoteduster

Congrats on a nice bird and thanks for the story

owlhoot

tlh2865

Congratulations bud, you're tagged out and Virginia hasn't even come in yet

Bearcat1997

Congratulations! I enjoy the picture with the river in the background. I don't know why, but I love pictures with water as the backdrop!

Bustabeak

Quote from: Bearcat1997 on March 29, 2020, 12:05:46 PM
Congratulations! I enjoy the picture with the river in the background. I don't know why, but I love pictures with water as the backdrop!
Thank you! I wish the kill would have been a little more fresh. I had a 2  mile walk back  and he just wasn't as easy to maneuver by then...

Bustabeak

Quote from: Bearcat1997 on March 29, 2020, 12:05:46 PM
Thank you! I wish the kill would have been a little more fresh. I had a 2  mile walk back  and he just wasn't as easy to maneuver by then...

Bullet1