turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Preferred Leafy Suit?

Started by StruttinGobbler3, March 28, 2020, 02:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StruttinGobbler3

My old cabelas leafy jacket is getting some age on it and I'm thinking of upgrading. While I believe sitting still is way more important than camo, I do like to wear a leafy jacket just to help blur my outline a little. I don't bother wearing the leafy pants. Anyway, what would be the best one for very hot weather hunting? The north mountain jackets look awesome, but from what I'm hearing they are a little heavy. What would be a good option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Greg Massey

I tried one of those suits back few years ago , and i said if i ever make it back home , it would be the last time i would wear one , it snagged on everything. I just miss match my camo to break up my outline . Good luck in finding your replacement.

Goblen

The North Mountain Gear is my preference. I've been using one for three weeks straight. Very glad I purchased this jacket. The quality is worth the price.

StruttinGobbler3

Quote from: Goblen on March 28, 2020, 03:09:40 PM
The North Mountain Gear is my preference. I've been using one for three weeks straight. Very glad I purchased this jacket. The quality is worth the price.
Interesting. Do you find that the jacket is heavier or gets warm when moving around?

Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Goblen

The weight is not heavy. It feels like a quality weight. Not like a cheaply made jacket. Hope that makes sense. Its mesh so it breathes well.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

StruttinGobbler3

Thanks for the pictures, that helps a lot. It doesn't look nearly as thick as it does on the website

Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Goblen on March 28, 2020, 03:18:23 PM
The weight is heavy. It feels like a quality weight. Not like a cheaply made jacket. Hope that makes sense. Its mesh so it breathes well.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

I absolutely love mine. As a matter of fact I just got a second one. To me its a little heavier and a little warmer , but the quality outweighs these things. That being said , they are not like over the top heavy and warm compared to others.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

aclawrence

Another vote for north mountain gear diffusion pullover!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tlh2865

I enjoy my Cabelas leafy jacket but I'm not sure if they still sell it since Bass Pro bought them out, and I'm not sure if you're wanting to try a different brand

paboxcall

Quote from: tlh2865 on March 28, 2020, 03:41:44 PM
I enjoy my Cabelas leafy jacket but I'm not sure if they still sell it since Bass Pro bought them out, and I'm not sure if you're wanting to try a different brand

I have the Cabelas and hunted it several years. Like Spitten I also bought two of the North Mountain. There is no comparison between these two brands, Cabelas camo printed on only one side and a grayish color on the flip side and now the leafy material is becoming thin. North Mountain printed on both sides, way better quality from stitching and quality of materials.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Tom007

I had great luck with Shannon's Bug tamer leafy wear. Well made, lightweight. I recommend it.....
"Solo hunter"

Howie g

Natural gear camo company makes a good one also , good front pocket with a good looking camo pattern .

Gooserbat

I use an All Predator Calls Kill Suit.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

ManfromGreenSwamp

X2 Shannon's bugtamer2
For a screen mesh it's hot as hades here in Florida though. No need for face mask or bug repellent though.

Only new ones come in missy oak so they're DARK. But I murder birds in mine, have for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"First one to the carcass gets the most"
-T.Farley

"I'm livin ta rest, I was born tired"
-B.Button

treein dixie

Whitewater was the best made very durable have had the same one 5 plus years for Deer and turkey hunting.  I'd love to have about 4 more but then quit making them.  If every one on this forum would call them maybe just maybe they make them again!  Light breathable and durable.