OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Help me choose a face mask

Started by Pluffmud, March 26, 2020, 10:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pluffmud

I'm looking for a good face mask. Preferably a half mask. I don't want anything with a mouth or nose hole, that being said I'd like a material that is not mesh, but breathable. I've looked at the Ol Tom half masks, and the Hoo-Rags. The Ol Tom mask looks like it wouldn't hug your face as much as a Hoo-Rag would, but being as I'm a smaller guy, I'm concerned it will be loose. Does anyone have any experience with these two masks? Any other masks I should look at? Thanks.
Psalm 46:10

HartClemson99

Here is a 50% off code on Nomad if you would like to try one of ours:

JHVIP50 on nomadoutdoor.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973

blake_08

I have two of the ol' toms and i like them very well. Mostly for the fact that they don't hug your face too tight. I had the same concerns about not being tight and slipping down but i had decided if that was the case, I'd double about an inch of material over on the back and sew it. It would take about 2 inches out of the circumference and all would be well in the world. Turns out, it fits great and no modifications were needed, especially if you pull it up over the back of your hat. By the way, I'm talking about the technical turkey half masks. Hope this helps

fmf

I really like those nomad.  Thanks for the code HartClemson99, I will pick up a couple spares.

Loyalist84

I would look at picking up a Buff in a camo pattern you like

HookedonHooks

I heard the N95 were the most sought after.

Pluffmud

Thanks for that code brother. I'm trying like the devil to find something in bottomland but both the Nomad and the Ol Tom Technical masks are completely out of bottomland EVERYWHERE lol. The Hoo-Rags have over 180 bottomland buffs in stock. I may just suck it up and get a nomad or a tech mask in realtree timber.

Gobble!

Quote from: HartClemson99 on March 26, 2020, 10:43:09 AM
Here is a 50% off code on Nomad if you would like to try one of ours:

JHVIP50 on nomadoutdoor.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice code there for someone. Wish you guys carried new bottomland.

Turkeyman

Well, face masks can be almost a personal thing. Full face masks ar not for me.  If I have to take my cap off, don the facemask, then put my cap back on I don't want it...been there, done that many moons ago. I use a Quaker Boy bandito which is down around my neck until I want to hoist it up. There are others with the same feature.

Mossberg90MN

I have just a good ol fashion mossy oak cover. The kind with an elastic string to tighten it. A real run of the mill face mask.

1iagobblergetter

H.S. Strut 3/4. Tried cheap/expensive. This worked better than about 6 others..

310 gauge

Nomad. The loose fit ones work the best for me. I have them in both Bottomland & Obsession and have a couple of them in all my bags/vest in case I get one too wet from sweat, rain, or dropping in the swamp. I do have a couple of Mossy Oak's also, but when Nomad started making the loose fits they became my go to. Good luck with your season!

clavette

There are some very useful DIY masks on the internet which you can wash after using. You would go broke if you buy one mask for everytime you go outside. Better to wash and use again.

Pluffmud