OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

New York Suspends Pistol Permitting, Shuts Down Remington in Response to COVID-1

Started by Sir-diealot, March 24, 2020, 11:57:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Everybody hears New York and thinks New York City, that is more than 220 miles from me and to close for my taste. I took a Grayhound bus to Oklahoma back in I think 98 and I brought some venison jerky I had made because I did not want to pay the outlandish prices to eat at the places they stop. I shared some with some people on the bus because I am just that way and I kid you not, I had this girl from Missouri ask me if we just leaned out the skyscrapers and shot them?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Beards and Hooks on March 24, 2020, 03:45:58 PM
:emoticon-cartoon-012:
Quote from: dublelung on March 24, 2020, 12:59:21 PM
There's no way I'd live in that cesspool of a state. Yes, granted there's plenty of great people there but they need to get out and let the liberal lunatics have it.
Have you ever been there? The state is not a cesspool and that is offensive, the biggest city in the US is the reason it is a democratic state. My parents and two brothers still live in NY and are five hours from the city.
Those that say things like that only know NYC and what they have heard, they in most cases have never been in the state and if the have it has been to one of the major cities.

GEDC1814 by Sir-diealot, on Flickr
GEDC1815 by Sir-diealot, on FlickrGEDC1812 by Sir-diealot, on FlickrGEDC1811 by Sir-diealot, on FlickrGobble gobble by Sir-diealot, on FlickrGEDC2663 by Sir-diealot, on FlickrGEDC2661 by Sir-diealot, on FlickrGEDC2844 by Sir-diealot, on Flickr
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

cutt down

When I worked for FEMA I was deployed to New York for 5.5 months. Albany sucked but Lake Placid was amazing. Upstate New York is as backwoods & redneck as my home in TN. Everybody waved at me going down the street & within 3 days the whole town knew my name & where I was from. Saranac & Plattsburgh were nice areas too. Visited an office in Binghamton & it seemed nice. New York state is not "the city" as so many from there want to differentiate. You'd hear, "I'm from the city" or "I'm from upstate". Neither one wants to claim the other. Me personally I wouldn't live in "the city". The rest of the state is very nice & people are good folks.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 24, 2020, 05:34:39 PMI had this girl from Missouri ask me if we just leaned out the skyscrapers and shot them?
;D :TooFunny:

Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 24, 2020, 05:47:14 PMThose that say things like that only know NYC and what they have heard, they in most cases have never been in the state and if the have it has been to one of the major cities.
I've never been to NY, but I'd love to visit there and kill a gobbler. NY is a beautiful state. I have absolutely ZERO desire to visit NYC.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on March 24, 2020, 06:17:17 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 24, 2020, 05:34:39 PMI had this girl from Missouri ask me if we just leaned out the skyscrapers and shot them?
;D :TooFunny:

Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 24, 2020, 05:47:14 PMThose that say things like that only know NYC and what they have heard, they in most cases have never been in the state and if the have it has been to one of the major cities.
I've never been to NY, but I'd love to visit there and kill a gobbler. NY is a beautiful state. I have absolutely ZERO desire to visit NYC.
I don't blame you, last time I was there I got stabbed in the leg.

John Koenig:

rakkin6

I was going to write a rant but just going to say I am glad I live in Tennessee

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

tomstopper

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on March 24, 2020, 02:03:08 PM
Glad I have enough guns and ammo to equip the whole neighborhood. On that note , legal or not , too bad. Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
Amen brother

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

rakkin6

The good people of the State of New York need to move and let the City pay for it's Liberal policies. My wife is from Illinois and there are a bunch of good people there but it is ruined because of Chicago and there liberal politics. Is it any wonder why NYC, Chicago, Detroit, Seattle are all hit by this virus. When you have a population kept  unchecked this is what happens.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Sir-diealot

Quote from: rakkin6 on March 24, 2020, 06:44:06 PM
The good people of the State of New York need to move and let the City pay for it's Liberal policies. My wife is from Illinois and there are a bunch of good people there but it is ruined because of Chicago and there liberal politics. Is it any wonder why NYC, Chicago, Detroit, Seattle are all hit by this virus. When you have a population kept  unchecked this is what happens.

Easy to say, but when you have many of your loved ones, friends, all you life tied up in one area it is not easy to do. I could not move if I wanted to, I simply do not have the money to do so. I just want NYC to become it's own state and stop messing with the good people of Western and Central NY

John Koenig:

Elmerfudd

Grew up in Ontario and played all over upstate NY and Thousand Islands. Great state outside of NYC and their lunatics. I live in WV now and today our Gov put gun shops etc on the will stay open lists.

Watch how this unfolds- Gov Cuomo is gonna run for president. The libs know that senile Joe won't win and there will be an intervention before it's over.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Elmerfudd on March 24, 2020, 07:00:49 PM
Grew up in Ontario and played all over upstate NY and Thousand Islands. Great state outside of NYC and their lunatics. I live in WV now and today our Gov put gun shops etc on the will stay open lists.

Watch how this unfolds- Gov Cuomo is gonna run for president. The libs know that senile Joe won't win and there will be an intervention before it's over.
I believe he will run, no doubt about it. I do not think it will be til 2024 or 2028 though. I see him and Chuck Shumer running together, they just love one another.

John Koenig:

bigriverbum

Quote from: rakkin6 on March 24, 2020, 06:44:06 PM

and minnesota, and washington, and oregon....... now liberals are crying about the electoral college. it was made for a reason. majority mob rule leads to tyranny.  you want to see what happens to this country when all political decisions are made by 6 cities? have fun with that lol

Beards and Hooks

:welcomeOG:Those that say things like that only know NYC and what they have heard, they in most cases have never been in the state and if the have it has been to one of the major citie
[/quote]
  yeah no doubt Sir, the comment just irritated me at the time.  Nice pictures BTW Seneca lake right?

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Beards and Hooks on March 24, 2020, 09:33:08 PM
:welcomeOG:Those that say things like that only know NYC and what they have heard, they in most cases have never been in the state and if the have it has been to one of the major citie
Oh I fully understand. Hope your family is in one of the counties that the virus is not in. I am lucky that I am.
  yeah no doubt Sir, the comment just irritated me at the time.  Nice pictures BTW Seneca lake right?
[/quote]

John Koenig:

longbeards