OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

New York Suspends Pistol Permitting, Shuts Down Remington in Response to COVID-1

Started by Sir-diealot, March 24, 2020, 11:57:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

What really steams me other than the actions themselves is the smile on his face, he is so anti gun it is sickening. He has told gun owners that they should move out of New York more than once. I love my state but hate it's government.

States across the country have swiftly adopted draconian measures to slow the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus, including an indefinite suspension of their citizens' Second Amendment rights.

New York has taken some of the most extreme measures. According to a phone survey of all 62 New York counties conducted by 2ANYS, a full 84 percent of counties (52) have suspended or ignored their duty to continue processing pistol permits.

Thirty-eight counties confirmed that they've suspended pistol permitting activities until further notice, six counties have stopped tracking whether permit applications are being processed, and two counties are no longer making staff available to process permits. One county admitted that delays will occur as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak, and five additional counties have already imposed a de facto ban on permits.

"During a period of crisis when entire law enforcement patrol divisions could be brought down by COVID-19 exposure and 911 response times could grow to an hour or more as a result, government agents are making it impossible for citizens to lawfully defend themselves in the home," 2ANYS Founder Steve Felano said.
SEE ALSO: SAF Sues NJ Governor for Deprivation of Rights

New York also forced the closure of Remington Arms in Ilion, NY, until April 30 because the factory was deemed "non-essential."

According to Herkimer County Legislature Chairman Vincent J. Bono, Remington Arms payroll makes up about a sixth of the county's total economy. The closure "will be devastating to the families of those workers," he told the Observer-Dispatch.

Remington has already faced a difficult two years. The company has survived bankruptcy, unsuccessful product launches, and a lawsuit from families of Sandy Hook victims. The company will no doubt take another economic hit as a result of the governor's order.

Felano recommends that rather than suspend the Second Amendment rights of New Yorkers, the state should use the emergency declaration to suspend the "may issue" provision that requires local law enforcement to approve individual pistol permits.

"This would ensure as many New Yorkers as possible are armed and able to defend themselves given the high likelihood that 911 response times will substantially increase in the coming weeks and months as the COVID-19 pandemic worsens as a direct result of international, federal, and state government ineptitude," he said.
SEE ALSO: NSSF Imploring Government Officials to Designate Gun Businesses 'Critical'

His fears aren't unfounded. The New York Times reported on March 12 that responses to 911 calls could be significantly delayed if the virus spreads throughout the population. Police departments also worry that they won't be able to respond to emergencies if their forces are depleted by the virus.

The police department in Overland Park, Kan., for example, told the NYT that they plan to train school resource officers as patrol officers and respond to fewer noninjury accidents and reports of retail theft.

"In order to maintain that 911 response," said Frank Donchez, the police chief, "we're going to scale back on other things. We'd be naïve to think that our officers wouldn't be impacted."

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/new-york-suspends-pistol-permitting/?fbclid=IwAR35WquRaT5ine95i8vqSSPOVOTrehc0mQyIwEE_x_H3mnFHELo6a065OAs
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Bowguy

Bowguy

dublelung

There's no way I'd live in that cesspool of a state. Yes, granted there's plenty of great people there but they need to get out and let the liberal lunatics have it.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Bowguy on March 24, 2020, 12:49:59 PM
Not nY but makes sense at end
I am getting ready to go to town so I will watch it when I return.

Quote from: dublelung on March 24, 2020, 12:59:21 PM
There's no way I'd live in that cesspool of a state. Yes, granted there's plenty of great people there but they need to get out and let the liberal lunatics have it.
I don't want it to got to the Liberals, I love my state with all my heart, I however hate it's government. I am all for succession from NYC we have no chance to ever have a good government unless we do.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

fallhnt

The fat piece of chit governor of IL did the same thing. Closed gun stores as if they weren't essential. He then had to retract that because law enforcement needs guns and ammo. Liquor stores were deemed essential btw.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Spitten and drummen

Glad I have enough guns and ammo to equip the whole neighborhood. On that note , legal or not , too bad. Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on March 24, 2020, 02:03:08 PM
Glad I have enough guns and ammo to equip the whole neighborhood. On that note , legal or not , too bad. Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
Yep!!! :icon_thumright:

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

silvestris

"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Beards and Hooks

:emoticon-cartoon-012:
Have you ever been there? The state is not a cesspool and that is offensive, the biggest city in the US is the reason it is a democratic state. My parents and two brothers still live in NY and are five hours from the city.

Kytomgetter

X2

1iagobblergetter

:icon_thumright: Or stand up unite and fight.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on March 24, 2020, 02:03:08 PM
yes .. Amen

aclawrence

It really sucks there are some good states that are ruined by the voting of a few dense populations of liberals.  Glad I don't live in NY or VA. To bad there both beautiful places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk