OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

A paddle call with training wheels

Started by packmule, March 22, 2020, 08:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

packmule

My son is about to start his second turkey season. Last year I called for him but he really wants to call one in on his own. Today I spent some time in the shop to get him a call put together. Eastern red cedar over poplar. I added a spring under the lid, training wheels if you will, to help him run the call. It turned out really well. Putts, clucks and soft yelps like a scratch box but can get loud too. I can hear him in his room right now making turkey talk. Two weeks until youth season is here!

Chris O

Nice, I don't mind a spring under the lid. Nice to see he is wanting to do it on his own.

rakkin6

Nice, wish him luck and have a safe season

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Happy hooker

Nice,,but how's he gonna put baseball cards in the spokes to give it that cool rumble .

boatpaddle

Best of luck to your son...

Nice looking paddle call..

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

3bailey3

Yoder409

Nice work !!!!!

Best of luck to the young man !!!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Rapscallion Vermilion

packmule

Quote from: Chris O on March 22, 2020, 08:58:11 PM
Nice, I don't mind a spring under the lid. Nice to see he is wanting to do it on his own.

I don't mind one either, Beggin Machines and Burrville Bombers have called in a lot of gobblers and are great long boxes!

Harty

Nice. Hope you guys have a great season together . Looks like another turkey call addict in training

Bowguy

packmule

Thanks for all the nice comments and well wishes.

bobk

Very cool caller!!!  Enjoy the time with your son.

Sir-diealot

That's really cool, wish I had had kids to pass stuff onto like that.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

Nothing better than building your son call..