OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anyone forced out of work..

Started by 1iagobblergetter, March 22, 2020, 07:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beards and Hooks

Quote from: M,Yingling on March 22, 2020, 08:18:45 PM
pa pretty much all heavy highway and any construction is shut down   ,,, suks not even turkey season yet lol
Agreed Mike was working in county buildings and that was shut down as well, just hope this gets cleared up before May 1st.

3bailey3

luckily I always chose 4 weeks vacation for the season, so I am paid though April 20 some thing, all the places have to hunt are a hour away, if the roads are closed I will just walk it.

Spurs Up

Quote from: mspaci on March 22, 2020, 08:34:04 PM
relax, they arent stopping anyone from hunting or fishing, read ea state regs, they all say out door activities and excercise permitted. Im going in NY & Ct

You need to check out Illinois. They shut down access to all public lands. Can't hunt what you can't lawfully access.

M,Yingling

Quote from: Beards and Hooks on March 22, 2020, 08:38:57 PM
Quote from: M,Yingling on March 22, 2020, 08:18:45 PM
pa pretty much all heavy highway and any construction is shut down   ,,, suks not even turkey season yet lol
Agreed Mike was working in county buildings and that was shut down as well, just hope this gets cleared up before May 1st.

Yes hope so also ,, but believe we havnt seen nothing yet  ,,and the list of who can work and who cant  dont  make much sense to me
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

bbcoach

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 22, 2020, 08:06:31 PM
Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on March 22, 2020, 07:59:28 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on March 22, 2020, 07:53:38 PM
It's affecting a lot of people and families , i ask all my fellow hunters and friends .. let's do a lot of praying for all man kind .. It's not a matter if i can hunt or i'm mad i can't . What's important is to beat this disease and live to hunt another day...
I understand that completely,but what's wrong with being secluded out hunting?  If a guy is out of work can't we isolate in mother nature? I'm doing a welfare ch3ck on my brother it just so happens he owns some damn good turkey hunting farm ground.
Nothing wrong what so ever. God Bless .. my wife works in the health care field. prayers
My prayers are with EVERYONE!  Those of you that are out of work, my heart goes out to ALL.  This is starting to effect us ALL either financially, medically and/or socially.  If you are OK financially and medically, going stir crazy socially for months on end will take it's toll as well.  For most of us, hitting the woods, interacting with wildlife and experiencing God's glory will help socially and won't be putting anyone at risk.  If States take this away well... Greg tell your wife THANK YOU and prayers go out for ALL the Medical Professionals for their service to the people affected. 

Gobble!

I can't imagine the families where each parent is out of work without pay. I'm very lucky that I can do my work from home. The long term impacts of this will be staggering. My wife is a Nurse Practitioner at a University in Maryland. Thankfully the governor forced schools to keep the students off campus. We'll see how much longer she has to be onsite.

Sir-diealot

I guess NY is pretty much completely shutting down, I think I can still go pick up prescriptions tomorrow but will have to call and find out.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Mossberg90MN

Yea I'm shut down. I'm actually kinda bummed because I've requested 4 days a week off for my entire turkey season. But being out of work now is gonna hurt my pocket book. Unfortunately I'm not gonna be able to take as much time as I would like off now.

Regardless I'm hitting opening week hard.

Gobble!

Quote from: Mossberg90MN on March 22, 2020, 09:45:59 PM
Yea I'm shut down. I'm actually kinda bummed because I've requested 4 days a week off for my entire turkey season. But being out of work now is gonna hurt my pocket book. Unfortunately I'm not gonna be able to take as much time as I would like off now.

Regardless I'm hitting opening week hard.

Afraid a lot of turkey hunters will fall into this category this year. Hope you're able to make the best of the time you get!

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 22, 2020, 09:39:55 PM
I guess NY is pretty much completely shutting down, I think I can still go pick up prescriptions tomorrow but will have to call and find out.
O.G. might get real interesting if you cant..Lol..

Sir-diealot

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on March 22, 2020, 09:49:00 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 22, 2020, 09:39:55 PM
O.G. might get real interesting if you cant..Lol..
LOL Well it is Diazepam, AKA Muscle Relaxers, AKA valium could help me deal with this situation lol I only take them when my back goes into spams, normally a bottle of 30 lasts me 4-6 months.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

fallhnt

Quote from: Spurs Up on March 22, 2020, 08:58:31 PM
Quote from: mspaci on March 22, 2020, 08:34:04 PM
relax, they arent stopping anyone from hunting or fishing, read ea state regs, they all say out door activities and excercise permitted. Im going in NY & Ct

You need to check out Illinois. They shut down access to all public lands. Can't hunt what you can't lawfully access.
Just state owned land. Shawnee is open as well as Corp ground

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

fallhnt

I'm essential but work called today,Sinday. They had a meeting. I'm out

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: fallhnt on March 22, 2020, 09:59:21 PM
I'm essential but work called today,Sinday. They had a meeting. I'm out

I bet that breaks your heart.. :TooFunny:

Spitten and drummen

I too live in Lousiana. Like LaLongbeard said the Governor is shutting down a lot of the State. I work in the oilfield so as of right now thats not shutting down. That being said though , enjoy your cheap gas prices but remember that affects a lot of peoples lively hood. We got a double whammy with the Coronavirus along with oil dropping around 25 bucks a barrel and will probably fall more than that. Our company is a service company that I have worked at 18 years. I have been through some rocky times but we prevailed. We even took salary cuts the last part of last year so everyone could keep a job. We are a small company and its really tough. My only boss is the owner and Im in management. I hate having to call guys in and lay them off. It affects their families but its part of my job. I know it is what it is but its sad seeing poor guys with young children being sent to the house not to mention that we may never recover and have to shut the doors for good. I pray none of you guys are being stressed out with your job or the thought of losing it. I just really dont feel like starting over. I know Gods will , will be done and I will be ok. Hope you guys are to. Good luck.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE