OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anyone forced out of work..

Started by 1iagobblergetter, March 22, 2020, 07:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1iagobblergetter

Just wondering if anyone's shut down due to this virus and able to use it as a looooong turkey season?
Personally I wish they'd shut everything down and get it over with or they are going to linger it on.
Hope they shut me and my guys down so I can chase after em all season. I'll take some total isolation out in God's country.. :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

LaLongbeard

Our Governor shut the state down tomorrow at 5pm. My last work day was Friday I'm off until May or June come whatever. If you live in a city probably won't be able to get around much. I live on 40 acres inside the National forest so I'm good. Start scouting this week should have a few locked down by April 4 opener.
      Gonna be a lot of upset people cause La unemployment ain't even poverty level and they yanked the rug out from under a lot of folks. I'm watching close the state to state travel ban that I hope isn't coming. They lock the borders and Turkey season gonna be short.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

doublespurs21

here in ohio,, starts Monday at midnite,, whole state. just lost my new York  season.. no travling  to other states.....
these other states, are they suppose to be stay at home,, not doing whatever you want???

Sixes

I would think if they should down the states, then they will shutdown the season. The whole point would be to stop anyone from leaving their home unless 100% necessary.

It won't matter to me, my job will fall under the essential classification. If anything, I will end up sequestered at work for awhile

JL_Longbeard

I was informed Thursday that there's no in-office work for the next 3 weeks and if I cannot stay busy, then I have to start burning vaca time or file for unemployment. Obviously I want to work as long as possible, but the thought of being laid off the months of April & half of May is a tasty thought. I have to play it week to week so we shall see. It's weird to think about but God willing, we will get thru this. I know I'm not alone in this sh!t-show, so we may as well go find some birds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Sixes on March 22, 2020, 07:33:22 PM
I would think if they should down the states, then they will shutdown the season. The whole point would be to stop anyone from leaving their home unless 100% necessary.

It won't matter to me, my job will fall under the essential classification. If anything, I will end up sequestered at work for awhile
Probably me and my guys also..My finger are crossed for myself,but feel bad for others..I usually have to take work with me hunting so was hoping for myself to be able to leave my damn phone in the truck.Lol..
La..hope it all works out for your sake...You could get alot of Turkey's killed..Gas is cheap...

bbcoach

So what some of you are saying is, NO INTERSTATE TRAVEL though your states????  Even if people are using Federal roads to travel.

Greg Massey

It's affecting a lot of people and families , i ask all my fellow hunters and friends .. let's do a lot of praying for all man kind .. It's not a matter if i can hunt or i'm mad i can't . What's important is to beat this disease and live to hunt another day...

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 22, 2020, 07:53:38 PM
It's affecting a lot of people and families , i ask all my fellow hunters and friends .. let's do a lot of praying for all man kind .. It's not a matter if i can hunt or i'm mad i can't . What's important is to beat this disease and live to hunt another day...
I understand that completely,but what's wrong with being secluded out hunting?  If a guy is out of work can't we isolate in mother nature? I'm doing a welfare ch3ck on my brother it just so happens he owns some damn good turkey hunting farm ground.

Greg Massey

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on March 22, 2020, 07:59:28 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on March 22, 2020, 07:53:38 PM
I understand that completely,but what's wrong with being secluded out hunting?  If a guy is out of work can't we isolate in mother nature? I'm doing a welfare ch3ck on my brother it just so happens he owns some damn good turkey hunting farm ground.
Nothing wrong what so ever. God Bless .. my wife works in the health care field. prayers

Caspar

Just got the call that our work is shut down until further notice. They have filed an appeal to keep workin but couldnt get anyone to review the appeal over the weekend so they told us to sign up for unemployment. Unfortunately our turkey season doesnt start till May 2nd

M,Yingling

pa pretty much all heavy highway and any construction is shut down   ,,, suks not even turkey season yet lol
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Cottonmouth

Ups is running wide open right now.

mspaci

relax, they arent stopping anyone from hunting or fishing, read ea state regs, they all say out door activities and excercise permitted. Im going in NY & Ct

dzsmith

Quote from: doublespurs21 on March 22, 2020, 07:28:37 PM
here in ohio,, starts Monday at midnite,, whole state. just lost my new York  season.. no travling  to other states.....
these other states, are they suppose to be stay at home,, not doing whatever you want???
it hasn't gotten to that point in every state yet, but it will be. Most thinking they'll just ride around and turkey hunt the next 2 months are in for an awakening im afraid. Yeah I lost new York as well. I had a trip planned to the north east but it looks like it will more and likely be a bust.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."