OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anyone forced out of work..

Started by 1iagobblergetter, March 22, 2020, 07:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

Still gotta go to work every day..........essential and all that.

Luckily, this is not a spring I had any out of state hunts planned........just at home for the opening week.  Gotta travel 3 miles to my own ground, so...........   I'm huntin'
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Howie g

I'm in the hvac business, and I am going to emergency type calls only , my wife is a home Heath nurse and is steady working .  Kids out of school has us taking turns watching kids , this puts us both in a bind , and keeps me out woods ????... do what you gotta do I reckon

Brian Fahs

Got furloughed from my union electrician job at Harley Davidson plant last friday. Won't be back to work till they open up again.
Hoping to get a bunch of turkey hunting done in pennsylvania maryland and ohio. Seasons are still weeks away.
May do a southern state hunt here shortly.

Tom007

God bless you my friend. I am a retired IBEW guy, you will be back soon. Enjoy the turkeys, be safe my friend....
"Solo hunter"

BBR12

Can you avoid New York City? That is where it is really bad. Here is a graph that updates every day, it shows that in "Upstate" is not in bad shape, many counties do not even have it at all. https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/central-ny/coronavirus/2020/03/13/where-are-the-coronavirus-cases-in-upstate-new-york-?fbclid=IwAR16mi8USmhhpYsL6-nvqQdQqhX5etMteCnoTMD_VVFFBUndTFoPu_-PgUU
[/quote]
I am still watching and seeing how it all plays out. We are driving so we can wait till last minute to decide what to do. The biggest thing is if the CDC labels the area Level 3 I can not return to work and have to self quarentine for 14 days. If I had bought plane tickets are had anything already purchase it wouldn't be a big deal. Since we are driving and haven't "invested" in this trip will be considered voluntary travel and I would have to go unpaid or use sick/vacation time to cover those 14 days of quarentine.  I cant use two weeks vacation and then return home and have to take off another two weeks.

I'm trying to see the positive in all this. If I don't use those two weeks this spring they will get rolled till next spring and they may forget what I look like at work if that happens.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: BBR12 on March 25, 2020, 10:36:43 AM

Can you avoid New York City? That is where it is really bad. Here is a graph that updates every day, it shows that in "Upstate" is not in bad shape, many counties do not even have it at all. https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/central-ny/coronavirus/2020/03/13/where-are-the-coronavirus-cases-in-upstate-new-york-?fbclid=IwAR16mi8USmhhpYsL6-nvqQdQqhX5etMteCnoTMD_VVFFBUndTFoPu_-PgUU
I am still watching and seeing how it all plays out. We are driving so we can wait till last minute to decide what to do. The biggest thing is if the CDC labels the area Level 3 I can not return to work and have to self quarentine for 14 days. If I had bought plane tickets are had anything already purchase it wouldn't be a big deal. Since we are driving and haven't "invested" in this trip will be considered voluntary travel and I would have to go unpaid or use sick/vacation time to cover those 14 days of quarentine.  I cant use two weeks vacation and then return home and have to take off another two weeks.

I'm trying to see the positive in all this. If I don't use those two weeks this spring they will get rolled till next spring and they may forget what I look like at work if that happens.
[/quote]
Well I do wish you the best of luck.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."