OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anyone forced out of work..

Started by 1iagobblergetter, March 22, 2020, 07:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captpete

I received an email with a letter attached basically saying that if I travel out of state I have to self-quarantine for 2 weeks and will have to use vacation time for the 2 weeks. They haven't said yet how it work if you get the virus.
The wife was also told that if she travels out of state, she will have to self-quarantine for 2 weeks...using vacation time.

LaLongbeard

Quote from: captpete on March 23, 2020, 06:50:13 PM
I received an email with a letter attached basically saying that if I travel out of state I have to self-quarantine for 2 weeks and will have to use vacation time for the 2 weeks. They haven't said yet how it work if you get the virus.
The wife was also told that if she travels out of state, she will have to self-quarantine for 2 weeks...using vacation time.
How will "they" know you went out of state? Do you work for the CIA?
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

falltoms

I cant see them shutting down state borders, without enacting martial law, which I don't think would happen.  At least I hope not. We shall see

nativeks

Quote from: LaLongbeard on March 23, 2020, 07:16:27 PM
Quote from: captpete on March 23, 2020, 06:50:13 PM
How will "they" know you went out of state? Do you work for the CIA?
We have to self report. Plus odds are someone else you work with knows. One of the chemists went skiing to a county now considered a hot zone. He had to self quarantine for 14 days. I had to fill out a form for a cruise we went on in February.

If we get exposed work will put us on admin leave. If you voluntarily go to a place considered a hot spot you have to use your own time.

We both got essential worker cards today in case we go into lockdown and get stopped. Wife is a medical labratory scientist, and I am a control room operator at a power plant.

Crghss

Quote from: falltoms on March 23, 2020, 07:31:21 PM
I cant see them shutting down state borders,

Gov. of Florida declared he is preventing flights from NY to FL. Seems since NY is on lockdown New Yorkers are fleeing to FL.

We shall see
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

Old Gobbler

Prayers to everyone,  especially the folks in NY , DONT STEP OUT THE HOUSE , APT , WHATEVER

I dont know how things got so bad there so fast , even worse I dont know how they are going to be able to control it

Wear gloves , dont touch nothing especially your face

Its getting hot (weather )down here in florida and I think this may save our necks as I've heard rummors the virus (airbourne)doesnt do so well above 65to70 degrees...if this so
...perhaps we should look into setting our thermostats to a higher temp to abate airborne transmission

I dont know just thinking out loud
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Bowslinger

I live in newyork still have show up for work. In my county we only have 3 cases.

Tail Feathers

Reading this puts it in a different light for me.  Losing weeks of work far overshadows missing a hunt or a trip.  Prayers for those put in a bind over this.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Old Gobbler on March 23, 2020, 08:33:25 PM
Prayers to everyone,  especially the folks in NY , DONT STEP OUT THE HOUSE , APT , WHATEVER

I dont know how things got so bad there so fast , even worse I dont know how they are going to be able to control it

Wear gloves , dont touch nothing especially your face

Its getting hot (weather )down here in florida and I think this may save our necks as I've heard rummors the virus (airbourne)doesnt do so well above 65to70 degrees...if this so
...perhaps we should look into setting our thermostats to a higher temp to abate airborne transmission

I dont know just thinking out loud
I think one of the reasons is the New York City airports are major transportation hubs as are their bus depots, this means more people coming in and out spreading the disease. NYC also has a very large subway system which I would guess has something to do with it. Also NYC is one of the most populated area's in the United States.

Tokyo is much larger than New York and it also is the most populated city in the world. But because it's so large, its population density is only 15,604 people per square mile, whereas NYC's is 27,578.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Gooserbat

I'm playing it by ear.  I intend to go hunting but I'm taking everything except gas with me. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

rstewart8706

Quote from: Old Gobbler on March 23, 2020, 08:33:25 PM

When you have 27,000 people per square mile what do you expect?  If one gets it a bunch of folks are going to get it.

BBR12

I am essential and have to travel to and from work daily. I have to stop and get gas regularly. I then come to a shut down power plant and work along side 1500 other people while trying to get the plant back up and running from our normal outage. I am blessed to have a job that I don't have to worry about being layed off anytime soon, but I also have to report if I travel to a high risk area and self-quarantine for 14 days.
I am playing this all day by day. I hunt here on my off days which is social distancing. I do not go visit any of my older relatives due to being in contact with so many people every day. My grandmother loves to turkey hunt but she has very bad lung function due to growing up in a house with 2 smokers. I hate it but I will not be able to take her this season.  I hope to be able to hunt LA and maybe a couple more states. I'm almost positive my trip to the NE in mid to late may is going to be a bust.

dzsmith

Quote from: BBR12 on March 24, 2020, 07:00:59 PM
I am essential and have to travel to and from work daily. I have to stop and get gas regularly. I then come to a shut down power plant and work along side 1500 other people while trying to get the plant back up and running from our normal outage. I am blessed to have a job that I don't have to worry about being layed off anytime soon, but I also have to report if I travel to a high risk area and self-quarantine for 14 days.
I am playing this all day by day. I hunt here on my off days which is social distancing. I do not go visit any of my older relatives due to being in contact with so many people every day. My grandmother loves to turkey hunt but she has very bad lung function due to growing up in a house with 2 smokers. I hate it but I will not be able to take her this season.  I hope to be able to hunt LA and maybe a couple more states. I'm almost positive my trip to the NE in mid to late may is going to be a bust.
same here, thats 2 years in a row ill be cancelling maine....Dont know how i can go to any of the states i want to hunt without driving through new york....so i think we are screwed on this one.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

owlhoot

:
Quote from: owlhoot on March 22, 2020, 10:08:26 PM
Shut down plant. No work for 30 days as of now . Missouri season starts after shutdown.
Don't see how anyone can hunt with stay at home orders with no non-essential travel if you have to drive a bit. Even so be so dang broke because un-employment is a joke. Will be so many after it that you wouldn't see a check until this time next year.
Turkey need a year off to repopulate anyway. Squirrels in the back yard are in danger though.
Good luck to those that can go with seasons running now. Best of luck to everyone .
Strike that shut down plant part, turns out we are essential so back to work for now. Got my papers in case i get stopped and questioned.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: dzsmith on March 24, 2020, 09:03:52 PM
Quote from: BBR12 on March 24, 2020, 07:00:59 PM
same here, thats 2 years in a row ill be cancelling maine....Dont know how i can go to any of the states i want to hunt without driving through new york....so i think we are screwed on this one.
Can you avoid New York City? That is where it is really bad. Here is a graph that updates every day, it shows that in "Upstate" is not in bad shape, many counties do not even have it at all. https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/central-ny/coronavirus/2020/03/13/where-are-the-coronavirus-cases-in-upstate-new-york-?fbclid=IwAR16mi8USmhhpYsL6-nvqQdQqhX5etMteCnoTMD_VVFFBUndTFoPu_-PgUU
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."