turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anyone forced out of work..

Started by 1iagobblergetter, March 22, 2020, 07:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowboy

I'm still working,  however this is beginning to concern me abit. I travel to the 5 surrounding states. I really dont like the boss putting me and a couple other guys at risk. Mostly concerned about bringing it home to the family.

owlhoot

Shut down plant. No work for 30 days as of now . Missouri season starts after shutdown.
Don't see how anyone can hunt with stay at home orders with no non-essential travel if you have to drive a bit. Even so be so dang broke because un-employment is a joke. Will be so many after it that you wouldn't see a check until this time next year.
Turkey need a year off to repopulate anyway. Squirrels in the back yard are in danger though.
Good luck to those that can go with seasons running now. Best of luck to everyone .

Marc

I own and run my own optometry practice...  Forced to shut down.  Keeping a couple staff on, and I will see emergency cases (which is a very small percentage of my practice).

Even if the disease does not spread, it will have a crushing impact on the economy...  Hopefully short-term.  Not sure how we are going to get through it (economically speaking).

And when the mandates are lifted, and people go back to work, many businesses will still be impacted for some time...  People are not going to be flocking to the movies, or Disney Land, or to get on planes...  Or to get their yearly eye examination and put out money for glasses.

Initially I was opposed to the mandated shut-downs, but the more I learn, the less I feel this way.  Primarily due to the fact that these infections are killing people, and causing long-term physical problems for many that do survive...  AND, the lack of initial symptoms, while still being able to spread the infection of a very, very contagious infection..

Yep...  The economy sucks now, but not as much as it would if 50% of this country was infected at once.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

fallhnt

I was the same way,but I think some information is and was kept from the public

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Sir-diealot

Quote from: fallhnt on March 22, 2020, 10:29:32 PM
I was the same way,but I think some information is and was kept from the public

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Completely agree. I am of the opinion they are going to try to blame a lot of it on Trump, they already are and I think they are going to try to use it to keep him from getting elected again.

That said, I am rather nervous about it, right now I have sore throat and chest that has started in the last day, more than likely nothing but with no spleen I seem to catch everything.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

kytrkyhntr

My plant shut down for these next two weeks, with pay thank god. Had plans to go hunt Alabama. Will see what happens with state borders next 3-4 days. We will see.
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

LaLongbeard

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on March 22, 2020, 07:44:47 PM
Quote from: Sixes on March 22, 2020, 07:33:22 PM

La..hope it all works out for your sake...You could get alot of Turkey's killed..Gas is cheap...

Appreciate it brother but I see my post was not clear. Friday was my last scheduled work day virus or not. I plan my work to be off every April-May but there are a lot of folks that have been blindsided by this whole thing. Makes me realize how small my worry  of rather the states will close the borders or not really is.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Happy

Working from home. On the bright side my secretary got a lot better looking. I hope that this doesnt hurt too many people too badly. I have been pretty lucky so far.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Jroddc

Does anyone know for sure if we're going to be confined to our own state? I live in New Jersey and hunt both New Jersey and New York. So if this isn't over by May 1st does that mean New Jersey only for me? Just to be clear if it is prohibited I'm planning on following the law. This thing is going to take some sacrifice from all if that means I can't hunt New York I'm fine with it.

Tom007

Outdoor exercise with social distancing is recommended. If you are in camo by yourself with your hunting gear, no law enforcement person will stop you. Outdoor sports will help people deal with this. This is what I am seeing. Be safe team....
"Solo hunter"

bbcoach

This economic downturn isn't anything to scoff at or joke about IMO.  The US is just starting to feel the effects of this financially, medically and socially.  In the next several months, many more people will lose their jobs, be infected with the virus, many will die, many will become depressed being restricted socially and anxiety will increase.  This will cause a hardship for many.  This virus will effect us for probably a year or two at the very least.  It is imperative that we help each other when we can, interact and converse, at a distance, and pray.  We are ALL going to have to make sacrifices.  This is something that many of us haven't seen in our lifetime dating back to the Great Depression, along with WW 1 and WW 2.  Many HARDSHIP's are on the way.  WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS but we ALL must be flexible.  Prayers for ALL of US during this time!  My BEST for ALL of you Brothers and Sisters! 

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Tom007 on March 23, 2020, 07:36:26 AM
Outdoor exercise with social distancing is recommended. If you are in camo by yourself with your hunting gear, no law enforcement person will stop you. Outdoor sports will help people deal with this. This is what I am seeing. Be safe team....
Im sure that will probably hold true if we hunt our own state,but if a states borders are shut down like a few others said I doubt it would be pretty getting caught in a state that is closed.
I'm sure law enforcement could come up with some severe/creative sentencing especially when some people are dying from this.
I personally think whatever one thinks shut everything down that can be for a couple weeks and try to get it over with so it doesn't linger on for months.

bigriverbum

i work in the food supply chain and we're busier than we've been in 50 years of business.  in the last month we were projected to make $5 million in profit and made $20 million.

we're being run through the meatgrinder as our job is so physically demanding. nice to have work, but i worry what's going to happen once people i work with start testing positive. i also worry they're going to cancel my upcoming vacation days, but i suppose worse things could happen and i should try and stay positive

captpete

Quote from: Happy on March 23, 2020, 06:10:36 AM
Working from home. On the bright side my secretary got a lot better looking. I hope that this doesnt hurt too many people too badly. I have been pretty lucky so far.

The next thing we will be hearing is Happy was accused of sexual harassment! :TooFunny:

Right now I'm off work from having shoulder surgery and I don't go back to see the surgeon until Mmd April. I have sick time to last me until mid May. I also still have 4 weeks of vacation time if needed. As of right now my wife is still working and probably will be...unless she get sick. She works at the local grocery store so, I'm guessing she is considered essential. The only problem is her company hasn't really done anything to protect the employees other than increased their cleaning procedure. I's hard to follow the social distancing guidelines when customers are standing 2' or less from you in the checkout stand. 

Mossberg90MN

Quote from: Gobble! on March 22, 2020, 09:48:20 PM
Quote from: Mossberg90MN on March 22, 2020, 09:45:59 PM
Yea I'm shut down. I'm actually kinda bummed because I've requested 4 days a week off for my entire turkey season. But being out of work now is gonna hurt my pocket book. Unfortunately I'm not gonna be able to take as much time as I would like off now.

Regardless I'm hitting opening week hard.

Afraid a lot of turkey hunters will fall into this category this year. Hope you're able to make the best of the time you get!

Thanks man!