turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

You CAN call a bird across a river!

Started by g8rvet, March 21, 2020, 01:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g8rvet

Son (30-not a kid) and I heard no early gobbles, so we were prospecting.  Slowly working along a river.  Heard a distant gobble.  Closed the distance.   He gobbled again and we thought he may be across the river.  100+\- yards wide at this spot. We are easing up to learn his position for the next day and hear a crazy racket.  Half gobbles, clucks, wingbeats.  Crazy long and loud.  We ease up to the bank and can't see them but my son is taking video for the audio.  I told him it was worth the effort just to hear the battle.  They are not answering my call but when the fight breaks I make some kee kee runs and that fires them up again.  No sooner had I said "the loser may fly across" and we see a bird.  My son is behind a tree a can't see him to video.  We watch him and he turns downhill to the river and flies straight towards.  We let him land and he realizes something ain't right. Both guns bark and down he goes.  My sons first public bird.  We realize at the shot the other bird had followed but had veered off. 

This is where he landed.  We both shot when he came up the bank to our right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

tomstopper

RutnNStrutn

Good deal G8rvet!!! :icon_thumright: Nothing like beating a public land gobbler!! Flying across the river is just a bonus!! I hope to be in the woods myself soon!!

USMC0331

Awsome

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

UGAturkey

Turkey hunting is the addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. -Charlie Elliott

camotoe

Nice going , like a double

1iagobblergetter

runngun

Congratulations to both ya'll on a great hunt, what an awesome feeling!!! Please enjoy and embrace each moment!!!!

Have a great one
Ray

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Marc

Pretty cool!

How long did the argument of "who shot him" ensue?  Who won the argument?
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

bobk

g8rvet

Quote from: Marc on March 21, 2020, 05:16:31 PM
Pretty cool!

How long did the argument of "who shot him" ensue?  Who won the argument?
Lol.  My nephew was a couple hundred yards away and thought it was one shot.  He ruled it a tie.

Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

strum

Awesome story .. wow!  This is what its all about .. Father and son . I love it.

Greg Massey

Congratulations to you both ...nice bird..