turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gooserbat coronavirus giveaway. Winner

Started by Gooserbat, March 19, 2020, 09:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caspar

As far as i know the virus will not affect my season as long as i stay healthy. Work will affect my season though. Working 50-60 hours a week doesnt allow much time for hunting

mtns2hunt

Should not impact my season as I hunt mostly on private land. I like to take side trips to public land after the first couple weeks tho. Virginia is starting to place restrictions on some WMA and organized hunts. Not sure to what extent yet. I do know all DGIF offices are closed to walk in traffic. Only time will tell the true impact this virus has on the area. Don't have a lot of family to worry about but hope everyone stays safe. If you see me don't ask to shake hands. Developed a real aversion to it in Europe where everyone thinks they have to shake hands for absolutely no reason.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

LRD

My turkey season should not be affected by the virus.

roberthyman14

The virus will not have an effect.  Only hunting local and probably not as much as I would like.  2 kids out of school, wife is full time student and full time job as well.  Eats up my weekends fast.  Gotta make the few hunts count. 

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

310 gauge

I pray that it will not affect my family or anyone in their pursuit of this magnificent creation that God has blessed us with! Put as much effort in staying safe as you will in hunting this Spring!

jwm1485

It wont affect my season unless im dead.

chrmayo

The virus has already cancelled my South Dakota hunt by shutting down the reservation we were planning to hunt.
-MAYO-

Clif Owen

The only way that there Canolavirus is gonna affect my season is if I catch it.

ps...yes, I know that ain't the right name but thought a little redneck humor was in order.

jtsmith3

Coronavirus shouldn't affect my season at all because I already have it and should be all better by then.
Ok, truth be told I haven't been tested yet. I've just got a little cold which I got after being exposed to a friend who likely really does have it. His test results should be back tomorrow. If he's positive then I'll get tested. Either way, no effect on my turkey season.
Nobody said you have to be good to have fun.

Cottonmouth

It won't affect my in state hunting, but I have a feeling my out of state hunt will be shut down. I have a lot of exposure in my line of work,  hope I don't get this crap. The company I work for is very reactive instead of proactive in situations like these. Stay safe, everyone.

kdsberman

Corona Virus shouldn't affect my season.  Assuming everyone in my family is healthy, it'll be a good way to get my 4 year old out and get some fresh air. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

csgrizz

Uncertain at this time, I coach and my son plays competitive soccer and it is all but completely cancelled, which actually opened up opportunities for my son to hunt the youth hunt in Illinois.  However, Illinois public lands are shut down, but I have private land, but if we are put on mandatory lock down then I can't travel to my spots.  I have permits and I have private land to hunt within 10 miles, but not sure on the travel/quarantine as this goes forward.  Fingers crossed.

Haypatch

Locally as of now no change! Out of state hunts may change!

J.D. Shellnut

Only if they don't let me leave the state!
60% of the time it works every time!

Gobble!

If no one in my family, parents and grandparents included, come in contact with the virus I should get plenty of time to hunt. Problem is if the kids are out of school, which I fully believe they will, that will reduce things slightly.