OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

70% Iso Alcohol

Started by rakkin6, March 18, 2020, 05:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rakkin6

Due to the Coronavirus and people freaking out I can not find alcohol pads or any bottled alcohol anywhere. I do have a bottle of 70% Iso alcohol in the house. Could I soak some cotton balls in this and use them to clean up my aluminum calls? I have checked every CVS, Walgreen, Walmart and grocery store and no luck. Thank you guys for any advice you may have.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Trumpetyelper

order them from Sams club.. Zeiss lens cleaners are alcohol...

bbcoach

Absolutely!  We over think these things.  A paper towel or cotton ball with alcohol is all that is needed.  All you are doing is cleaning any oils from the surface.

rakkin6

Thanks guys I am just shocked at how freaked out people are. I worry about the people with actual need for this stuff like diabetics etc. The ladies at Walgreens said people are buying them for hand sanitizers. These people could use soap and water there are people that have an actual medical need for those things. I just need them for a hobby so not a huge deal for me
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

LaLongbeard

Denatured alcohol is what I use for both crystal call surface and gun barrel. Lowe's etc should still have it unless somebody thinks it's a disinfectant. 70% alcohol rub  will work fine but a 32oz bottle is selling for 15$ on eBay so don't spill it !
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Old Gobbler

Go to your local pool store....pick up some chlorine,  get some spray bottles dilute it with 95%water ...your in business

If they are out of liquid , get tablets and crush them up

DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING WITH YOUR BARE HANDS , wear gloves , I've been (work for ups ).wearing gloves religiously for 2 weeks now , they looked at me funny when I started and I was the only one , now they are borrowing my spares , if you have to open a door use a plastic walmart bag or something ....its sounds crazy , just dont touch anything that someone has

Hopefully in a few weeks this blows over
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Old Gobbler on March 18, 2020, 10:26:44 PM
Go to your local pool store....pick up some chlorine,  get some spray bottles dilute it with 95%water ...your in business

If they are out of liquid , get tablets and crush them up

DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING WITH YOUR BARE HANDS , wear gloves , I've been (work for ups ).wearing gloves religiously for 2 weeks now , they looked at me funny when I started and I was the only one , now they are borrowing my spares , if you have to open a door use a plastic walmart bag or something ....its sounds crazy , just dont touch anything that someone has

Hopefully in a few weeks this blows over
THANK YOU!!!! I've been saying this exact same thing! Go to your local pool store (not that I have one) and buy some liquid shock (not that I've got 10 cases of it) or granular chlorine (not that there's over a literal ton of it in a back storage room) and dilute it. Or, mix it slightly stronger. You'll have all the disinfectant you'll need.

As for the gloves, I had to go get sand yesterday at Lowe's for a liner replacement job. Walked thru the door, straight to the restroom to wash my hands then out to find the latex dipped gloves. Everything after that was done with the gloves on. Be safe fellas. It might be nothing more than a severe cold/flu but this country isn't prepared for it. Not overly concerned about myself but I don't need my wife and girls catching it. It would be quite inconsiderate of me to go on about business as usual and tracking that junk back to the house making them suffer for my ignorance. They've dealt with enough of that already.

Btw, does anyone need a pool, hot tub or assorted chemicals right now? I've got a friend that's asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

I ordered some alcohol pads from Amazon yesterday, they had them. Hope this helps....
"Solo hunter"

bbcoach

Wash your hands, period.  You don't need hand sanitizer, alcohol ect.  Get Dial or any anti bacterial bar soap and wash your hands.  This stuff is just getting STUPID!

LaLongbeard

Uhh I think ol boy needed some alcohol wipes for his aluminum pot call surface? I been wondering why you guys are using pool chlorine on your turkey calls ....but hey whatever gets you thru this crisis.

If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

rakkin6

Lol that is what I meant sorry for the confusion. I needed them for my aluminum pot calls. And at first I thought they meant to use chlorine on my call also. But thinks for the tips on a cleaning solution.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

ol bob

On your calls get acetone it's better than any alcohol.

rakkin6

Yeah I use acetone on my stoned aluminum, picked up some denatured alcohol from home Depot this morning

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

rakkin6

Gonna use the denatured alcohol on my anodized calls

DE OPPRESSO LIBER