only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hawaii videos!!! UPDATED w/ episode 6

Started by derek, March 16, 2020, 03:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GobbleNut

More good stuff Derek!
A couple of comments: 
The balancing act on fence-crossing segment was hilarious,...been in that same situation countless times over the years!
The peacock made me think about the ones I saw when over there.  A couple of the local guys told me they were not protected and could be taken legally (and showed me pics of them with ones they had shot).  I have never been certain that is the case, although I wouldn't have shot one of them regardless.  They are incredibly beautiful birds, though. ...Would be great to have a strutting peacock mount,...but they would take up wayyyy too much space with that fan of theirs.   
Finally, I know the frustration of having that serious bad luck on a hunt when all of your hunting partners are slaying them.  Been there,...done that! 
...Keep the videos coming buddy!

Yoteduster

I'm enjoying this series Derek keep posting

derek

Thanks guys.  GobbleNut there's a sizeable population of peacocks in one area I hunt locally.  I tried to twist and turn regs every way I could to interpret it as legal but was unable to do so, didn't really question it in Hawaii.  They come to a turkey call! 
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

derek

Episode 4 - Bonce's Dad kills a triple bearded stud! 

https://youtu.be/f4AkpPl5GOw

www.thebaysidelegion.com

GobbleNut

Another good 'un, Derek.  Keep 'em coming....

derek

Episode 5, it finally comes together

https://youtu.be/tHMclpkriME

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

www.thebaysidelegion.com

JeffC

Great job, you can see the look of relief in your eyes. When you cut loose that 2nd shot, I thought you had missed. You guys had a great trip. Thanks for sharing.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Yoteduster

Way to go Derek take em when you can Congrats on a nice double

dzsmith

I was just about to ask if yal were bayside legion? I see now that you are. I had been watching the vids. Good job. 2 of my co workers went in 2018 when all the volcano stuff was going down. They got there birds , but said the same thing....tougher than what they had in mind.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

ddturkeyhunter

Derek, great video's great reminders for me. But they should be since you told me about some of the same locations you hunted. I was unable to find any birds remaining or any new ones that moved back in yet, when I hunted them locations. Any ways curious if you got any weights on the birds you shot. The one's I shot were all light in weight for toms, all under 18 pounds, and the oldest one was 14.9 pounds. Light compaired to the Rio's I shot in Oklahoma.
So glad you put out the video's, people just can't understand the ruggedness of that terrain untill they walk on it. There are some areas where all that rock is under a blanket of grass. And you are unaware the rocks are loose, or there is a hole there till you step down on it. Very good examples of the different conditions hunting in Hawaii was, So Thanks for the great video's and congrats to all on your public land birds.

derek

Quote from: ddturkeyhunter on March 31, 2020, 01:09:44 PMcurious if you got any weights on the birds you shot. The one's I shot were all light in weight for toms, all under 18 pounds, and the oldest one was 14.9 pounds. Light compaired to the Rio's I shot in Oklahoma.

They were tiny. Biggest from our group was Allan's triple beard that was 17lbs.  One of my father's was 16. My pair which had inch spurs were 12lbs 11oz and 13lbs 13oz. One of Jacob's was a 2 year old that barely made 10.

www.thebaysidelegion.com

ddturkeyhunter

[/quote]

They were tiny. Biggest from our group was Allan's triple beard that was 17lbs.  One of my father's was 16. My pair which had inch spurs were 12lbs 11oz and 13lbs 13oz. One of Jacob's was a 2 year old that barely made 10.

[/quote]
When I first read the weight I though my scale was off. But figured he maybe was fighting a lot or something. But when the second one seem light figured must be the area. Other then weight they acted just like all turkeys predictable to act un predictable.

derek

Last one from Hawaii. Thanks all for letting us share. Working on vids from Florida, Alabama and Mississippi now.

https://youtu.be/3koNWGvFGKQ

www.thebaysidelegion.com