OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Reminiscing ...

Started by davisd9, March 13, 2020, 09:53:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

My buddy Terry and I were discussing our Stumpy ceramics and what strikers we liked on them.  We both are partial to Ipe, and we like Wenge.  Well he coincidentally mentioned he was liking Grandadillo on it.  I have been considering buying a Grandadillo as I once had a striker from a local SC maker he called Monkey wood that was awesome but I lost it.  Went to his website and started to order on a week or so ago.  As I read the description it said the real name was Grandadillo and that was the only place I saw it call monkey wood and it may not be called that but by them.  Anyway I decided to check Fowler inventory and see if any of Mr. Harold's were left.  When I checked there were 5.

Well today Terry mentioned it so I go back to the Fowler page and there is only one of Mr. Harold's left in Grandadillo.  I called Mr. Derek and he said he had it.  He is going to try and get it sent out today for me but told him no rush.

One of my favorite things about this time of year was calling Mr. Harold to "put in an order" and enjoy the conversation.  The order was mainly the excuse to call as I had more strikers than I use.  Man do I miss not conversing with Mr. Harold this spring. It just feels like a part of the spring and season build up is missing. 

Thankfully Mr. Billy Buice is still with us as is Mr. Lonnie Sneed and others.  Those guys are from a different cloth and the conversations are always a joy and learning experience.  I know Mr. Harold is enjoying the streets of Glory right now and I am happy his cancer is finally gone eternally, but I miss the conversation and I look forward to hopefully shaking his hand again one day when we meet on the streets of gold rather than over a table with turkey calls blaring all around us, lol.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer