turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Nomad feels like cheap JUNK!

Started by RiverRoost, March 12, 2020, 11:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

Against all the negative reviews, I purchased an updated Nomad vest from a member on here and the vest came in in brand new condition as he advertised. I really like the layout and all the extra pockets on it compared to my tactical Tat'r but the material feels pretty cheaply made and the straps are thin material compared to the Tat'r and won't stay quite cinched in place all the time. Pretty disappointed in the quality of the vest. It needs to be beefed up on the straps and buckles. I feel like I'm gonna break something on it. Wished there was a custom vest maker bc I'd pay good money to build my own vest. Maybe I'll like it more once I hunt in it but right now I'm kinda scared of it.

Another HUGE disappointment is that it's a one size fits all, in 5'11" 155 lbs and just about every vest I've ever tried fits me like a blanket.

RiverRoost

Also, the material on the pot call holder flap has started separating from the outlined stitching and I feel like by the end of the season the material will be pretty badly torn off the flap and probably be torn off or gone by the end of the season. Called nomad and they said send it back to where you bought it for a replacement, so since I got it from a member here I'm out of luck on that end.

Greg Massey

Get you Glenda Green satchel , it's made in the USA, and you want wear vest again..

Dtrkyman

I'm 5-10 160, the knight and hale RNG vests fit great, got a 200 cheap over winter.

Haven't loaded it up yet but the fit is great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 13, 2020, 12:46:25 AM
Get you Glenda Green satchel , it's made in the USA, and you want wear vest again..

X10
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

FL-Boss

That's the problem with most vests.. they don't fit normal guys. If you want a vest that will fit -  get the RNG 200 or 300. It's also a better vest all around..

JL_Longbeard

I bought an Ol' Tom Time & Motion I-Beam 2.0 for last season and I love that thing. Plenty of room for snacks along with all my stuff. I would say the 2 things I dislike the most are (1) the butt pad magnets wouldn't hold a sheet of paper up and (2) the water proof pocket liners on the one side are made out of the stiffest clear plastic I have ever seen, but they are water proof. The vest feels like its quality built to me and no rips or tears yet. I will agree with you that most vests are huge, this one is a little big and I am 6' 185 lbs, but is fully adjustable and seems to hold its position.

LaLongbeard

If you keep an eye out on eBay you can find American made quality built Turkey vests from the 1980s and 1990s. I found several with no wear or fading I've seen them with tags still attached. Original Greenleaf, Bottomland, realtree . The old Liberty vests had pockets in the right place and fit like a vest should.
     Just like guns now everything is cheap and shiny. Put 127 random pockets on a shiny camo vest and it will sell. Doesn't matter if it falls apart in two weeks....they will line up to buy it. Doesn't matter if the pockets are too small or has your box call under your arm pit....they'll buy it. The old vests were designed by Turkey hunters for turkey hunters.

If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Elmerfudd

Thats very bizarre on the Nomad. Mine has been used hard and is like new. Very happy with it in general.

aclawrence

I bought the nomad after the season last year. Haven't made it to the woods with it yet but it seems ok for now.  I don't do reviews without any real world experience.  That would be worthless lol. My main complaint is how far the double pot call pocket sticks out in the front. I wish it was a single. I'm considering taking it off.  Hopefully in a month it will be covered in blood stains and I'll be able to report back how well it has held up. We shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverRoost

So after calling nomad again I have to retract my statement about them not honoring the quality of the vest. They got me to send some pics in and said that it was in fact a defective job and will replace the vest. I think with a few mods and upgraded items on the vest it can be a really good vest.