OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gotta a great call in the mail today

Started by callmakerman, March 11, 2020, 09:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

callmakerman

Picked this one up on Ebay in the last week. Most may not remember Larry Bean. Larry is a past DD Adams award winner and NY call maker. I had the chance to meet Larry at the last NY State chapter convention in Syracuse after he won the award. My first thought was what a classy humble guy. We talked for a bit and as much as I wanted one of his calls I just couldn't swing it. I have wanted one of his slates since that time and was more than happy to win this one. I'm not even sure if Larry makes calls any more though I'm guessing no as I haven't seen anything from him in some time.  Ambrosia maple slate/glass with a two piece striker. Great sounding call that needs to be hunted and that I will do. Thanx for the look and putting up with my winded story. If anyone has info to pass on about Larry please do. He was a very nice person to talk with and a great call maker.

Sir-diealot

Nice looking call. I have an Ambrosia Maple Ceramic Pot that I really like. Hate hearing of NY call makers stopping making calls.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

yelpy

I saw that call and a glass call Larry made. I thought about bidding on the glass pot. Great pick up!!

callmakerman

Thought about the glass myself even though I'm not into them like I am with slates.

gdc23

Greg Massey

Great story , and a nice fine and purchase.

Jfowler82

bear hunter