OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Platz Glass Gone

Started by TerryLNanny, March 08, 2020, 10:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerryLNanny

Hate to get let this call go, 4 Gobblers down,2014 call when the sound still mattered. No longer for sale!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The Gobblers I've had the pleasure calling in have never been the same.

peak98

Your weapon sits on top of you shoulders, everything else is just equipment.

gilbertturkeyhunter

bulian82

what is the the soundboard.

I have a double glass like this that is exceptional

NeverRoosting

Quote from: TerryLNanny on March 08, 2020, 10:12:48 PM2014 call when the sound still mattered. ]

Killer call, but what does "when the sound still mattered" mean???

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: NeverRoosting on March 09, 2020, 10:34:47 AM
Quote from: TerryLNanny on March 08, 2020, 10:12:48 PM2014 call when the sound still mattered. ]

It means he's trying to be a good salesman.Lol..

bowbird87

With my recent dealings with terry apparently he jumps on the bottle at night and says stuff he doesn't remember. Probably the case here again. ???????????

outdoors

Quote from: NeverRoosting on March 09, 2020, 10:34:47 AM

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

TerryLNanny

What I meant is that a lot of the newer calls don't sound as good as the older calls, and yes double glass. 300.00 PP

HookedonHooks

Quote from: TerryLNanny on March 09, 2020, 12:58:46 PM
What I meant is that a lot of the newer calls don't sound as good as the older calls, and yes double glass. 300.00 PP
So you think Paul's older calls sound better than his newer ones? He's had more time to tweak and perfect his internals, and won a D.D. Adams since then with those newer internals.

I know sound is objective, I'm just curious why you think the old calls are better? Not sure if it was a genalized statement, but I'd say calls today from more call makers than a select few are putting out far better calls than say 6-10 years ago.

Personally I think a lot of older calls are cleaner sounding, and I like a clean yelp, but from all the makers I have that have been doing it 10+ years, their calls have gotten exponentially better in recent years in my option.

TerryLNanny

It may be just me but, sometimes you get a good sounding call, sometimes not. Luck of the draw, more on the bad side for me it seems with the newer call's I've bought.

TerryLNanny

Thanks for the interest, I think I'll keep it for now.

bowbird87