OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

BUSHNELL 1.75-4X32 TROPHY XLT Scope with CIRCLE-X Reticle

Started by jlw, March 04, 2020, 05:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlw

Anyone using on of these Bushnell scopes on their turkey guns? Thinking about picking one up but would like to hear feedback from those that have one. I currently have a red dot on my gun, but would like something with a little magnification.

Deafman

I have them on both my guns. I like them. bright enough. Put the head in the circle and squeeze.

Fl strutter

I have one thats barely used if your interested pm me.

Greg Massey

Rzrbac

Had one on my shotgun for a couple of years. No complaints it just isn't for me.

wvmntnhick

While I don't have that scope, I've got a fixed 4x Simmons on my 12 ga. I like it. No batteries to deal with. Wife got me a Burris ff3 that's currently on my 20. Curious to see if it's as good as everyone says. Will find out soon enough I guess. 20's all I'm packing this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MK M GOBL

jlw

Thanks for the responses, based on the positive comments I went ahead and ordered one. It is supposed to be delivered by next Wednesday. Looking forward to getting it and trying it out. If I don't like it I can always go back to using my red dot.

MK M GOBL

Get yourself some solid rings, I use these.

Warne low matte finish

MK M GOBL

shaman

I've used that scope as well as a cheap BSA version of the same.

I've got bad eyes that keep me from using normal turkey pin sights.  Putting 2.5X  magnification makes it just about right.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries  of SW Bracken County, KY 
Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Old Timer

Quote from: jlw on March 05, 2020, 04:44:34 PM
Thanks for the responses, based on the positive comments I went ahead and ordered one. It is supposed to be delivered by next Wednesday. Looking forward to getting it and trying it out. If I don't like it I can always go back to using my red dot.
I use the nikon turkey pro which isn`t made anymore. Please keep use posted on how this works out for you because there isn`t very many dedicated scopes for turkey hunting being made. Good day!

jlw

Well this scope came in the mail today and I'm pretty impressed for the money I spent on it. It has clear bright optics and I like the circle X reticle. I'm looking forward to mounting it on my gun and sighting it in this coming weekend.

Old Timer

Quote from: jlw on March 11, 2020, 01:38:24 PM
Well this scope came in the mail today and I'm pretty impressed for the money I spent on it. It has clear bright optics and I like the circle X reticle. I'm looking forward to mounting it on my gun and sighting it in this coming weekend.
Congrats ! Post pic if you can.

jlw

Just wanted to update this post and say how much I'm liking the new scope. I took MK M GOBL's advise and used the Warne scope rings to mount the scope to my shotgun. With this scope, I can now go hunting without having to wear my glasses to clearly see my reticle. My distance vision isn't bad, but with a red dot scope without wearing my glasses the reticle appeared as a starburst and not as a clear red dot. I also really like the circle X reticle on this scope for hunting turkeys. I killed a gobbler opening week of our turkey season using this scope, so it has been tested in the field. 

Tom007

The rings I highly recommend for these hard kicking loads we us are Burris Tactical Extreme rings. They handle the worst recoil. I have them on my Turkey an Slug guns. They are solid........
"Solo hunter"