OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

child shot sat in va

Started by outlaw, May 10, 2011, 11:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

outlaw

sat morning there was a 10 year old boy shot while turkey hunting in alleghany county dont know name but isalive and was taken    to uva medical center :mycross:
Im a good guy !!!

barry

Don't understand how these things continue to happen each year
Here's the link on the story

http://www2.wsls.com/news/2011/may/08/10-year-old-shot-uncle-while-hunting-ar-1025257/

turkey slayer

I agree barry, there's  no excuse for this to happen year after year!

vaturkey

Prayers sent for the boy & a full recovery ! :mycross:

Vaturkey

fallhnt

That's 2 kids that I have heard about this year. How does the uncle not know where the boy is?40 yds.!
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

chatterbox

Sickning. Never should happen. Simply put, there is just no excuse. Period.

turkey_slayer

That chaps my butt!  I was talking to the game warden opening day and there was a report that came across his scanner that said a guy was shot in Giles County.  I told him they should lock that guy up!  I dont have a beard, i dont gobble, I dont have a red, white, and blue head and I'm not 3 feet tall and colored like a turkey!

screamin6x6

We had a guy shot here a couple weeks ago. 50+ pellets from the chest up. He going to be O.K. and his eyes were saved by his glasses. Sad part is, he was shot by a guy that has taught firearms safety in the past.

surehuntsalot

Quote from: chatterbox on May 10, 2011, 07:08:19 PM
Sickning. Never should happen. Simply put, there is just no excuse. Period.

+1000

no excuses
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

drenalinld

No excuse! Praying for the boy.

saltysenior

this ongoing problem stems from the fact that there is a lot of people who just want to shoot,and a lot of people who want to kill something... this is not the mind set of a true hunter.....this statement can be easily verified  by just going and reading the post made by some people on all hunting forums... :'(

gob09

Stoner

There is a lot of stupid people in the woods.

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Timmer

A couple of years back in our neck of the woods we had a guy that shot and killed his son.  Losing a child is always a tragedy  Of course, everyone felt horrible for the father too.  That is until they learned that he was trespassing, drunk, and high!
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!