turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Stubborn birds

Started by bdesanto16, May 10, 2011, 11:14:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bdesanto16

Your right and thats what keeps me coming back!

socalturkeyman

I hunt Public land in California and I try to almost sit right under the tree they roost in. And only cluck a few times,Its worked for me before.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

bdesanto16

Well believe me, next season I will every bird on this property patterned to the t. I am not going to go another season without a bird. Now its time to just focus on Deer season and I have seen some excellent sign!!!

Solid Snake

Quote from: bdesanto16 on May 10, 2011, 04:40:58 PM
i have tried to stay as late as possible but I am military and so is my wife and I have a 1 year old with one vehicle, not a good combo. I know the birds are there I just need to pull them in, is there anything that is fool proof with a turkey? something they can't stop there self from coming into or gobbling to?

Try the squealing hen call - the commercial says the gobblers can't resist it...

bdesanto16

Yeah my buddy and I heard about that so we picked one up and it says once you start u cant stop so we were sqeeling on that thing for over an hour, i think we scared every bird in a 100 mile radius, LOL! Well its got to work for some one right.

WyoHunter

Quote from: bdesanto16 on May 10, 2011, 04:40:58 PM
i have tried to stay as late as possible but I am military and so is my wife and I have a 1 year old with one vehicle, not a good combo. I know the birds are there I just need to pull them in, is there anything that is fool proof with a turkey? something they can't stop there self from coming into or gobbling to?
Foolproof? If there was you could sell it and make a million. I've killed three birds in three days in three states. I bought an extra tag for an area I like to hunt and haven't even heard a gobble in two trips to the area. We have a week left in the season and I'm going back for a couple of days to try again. Oh by the way if you do come up with a sure fire fool proof guaranteed way to kill a gobbler let me know! 
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!