OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Stretchy Hunting Pants

Started by GomerPyle, February 27, 2020, 04:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowboy

Just ordered some Hill Country Twill pants myself yesterday. In Mossy Oak Obsession 

aclawrence

Quote from: GomerPyle on February 28, 2020, 12:02:29 PM
Quote from: Gobble! on February 28, 2020, 11:33:11 AM
Mossy Oak Cotton Mil 2.0 pants have 5% spandex in them. Thinking about ordering a pair as I got a pair of blue jeans with some spandex in them that I really like.

Anyone tried the Cotton Mil 2.0 pants?

I haven't tried those, but I tried some of their Tibbee pants and those were the most ill-fitting pants I ever tried on in my life.  They weren't even remotely accurately sized, based on their sizing chart, their inseams are intended for someone who is 6'17", and if you pull them up high enough where the crotch isn't sagging, the waistband would be well above your belly button.

That really soured me on their stuff
That's why I sent mine back last yet. They were terrible for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walnutbottomout

Looking around for better turkey pants and came across this forum. Never thought to turkey hunt in solid colors before. Anybody notice any difference for those that were solid color pants?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spring Creek Calls

Best I have found are Sitka Mountain pants. They are expensive but I believe they are the best hunting investment I've made in years. Many zippered or snapped pockets (no velcro) with removable knee pads and as comfortable as your favorite pair of sweat pants. I'm on my knees alot getting in and out of my turkey lounger so these come in very handy. Take the knee pads out for early season deer hunting. I decided to buy a few less turkey calls and upgrade my hunting clothes.

https://www.sitkagear.com/products/mountain-pant/optifade-subalpine
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Beards and Hooks

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 27, 2020, 09:36:05 PM
I just wish they would make underwear that would stay up on my BUTT...
Greg sounds like you need to grow that butt, I suggest either Richard Simmons workouts or the buns of steel VHS tapes.

Ross R

I have an older pair of redhead pants that are super light and thin that are perfect.  I cant find them anymore. 

I think walls made a pair that was polyester that were very light and thin.

The OL Tom tech stretch pants are fairly light... and pricey. 

I am always trying to find a light breathable pair of pants for hunting in Florida. 

bobk

The most comfortable pants that I have found are the Sitka Mountain  Pants.

paboxcall

Quote from: blake_08 on February 28, 2020, 09:24:18 AM
I ordered some bottomland pants from academy this year and they have a decent amount of stretch to them. They're the most stretchy pants I've ever owned but I usually try to avoid stretchy. I really like these though. They're called Magellan Hill country twill pants. If you have an academy close by check them out.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Blake is spot on. Last February Massey posted Academy had a 50% off sale on their camo and I bought a pair of the Magellan Hill Country pants. Blown away.

Quality and fit is way better than MO which I have been wearing for years, better fit, stretches in the waistband, quality all around. I found the MO faded pretty quick, haven't washed these enough yet to see if this Magellan brand holds the dye better or not. Even if they fade quick, they're still better constructed and more comfy.

Thanks to Greg's post last winter, I'll be wearing these Magellan Hill Country pants here out.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

cutt down

The wrangler ATG come in 3 different weights (light, mid, & heavy) with the mid & heavy having a fleece lining. Absolutely the most comfortable pants I own. More comfy than my sitka pants. For $25 to $45 they are a bargain. I too have always camo'd out from head to toe but notice that the solid pants don't seem to bother the turkeys. Being still is the best camo!

Tail Feathers

I just got a mental image of some fat old dude in camo ballet tights and a 30 year old faded Advantage camo T shirt with holes in it and spit stains on the chest.
Y'all stop this! :TooFunny:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Tail Feathers on December 20, 2020, 06:37:16 PM
I just got a mental image of some fat old dude in camo ballet tights and a 30 year old faded Advantage camo T shirt with holes in it and spit stains on the chest.
Y'all stop this! :TooFunny:
I always say I would look like a hippo in pantyhose.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

budtripp

Quote from: buzzardroost on February 27, 2020, 10:24:39 PM
First Lite Corrugate Guide Pants. Kuiu Attack Pants. Just get a neutral color, the turkeys won't mind.

I second this, although both the firstlite fusion and kuiu verde patterns work great for turkey hunting. But solids will too.

Bagg-it Tag-it

First Lite Guide Pants are really good. You can buy them in camo but I got them in green and hunt with them. I find camo on the upper body is more important than on my legs. I also like the Prana Zions. Both pants are really comfortable.