OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Results From Age and Time

Started by Rick, February 25, 2020, 08:35:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

I got the results from the post Age and Time . How old you are and how many years you have been turkey hunting .
After 11 pages and 154 replies the average on Old Gobbler are 49 yrs old and been hunting for 16 yrs . I think the oldest was 81 and the most yrs was 65 .
Thanks for the replies .
Saved By Grace

Harty

Thanks for for putting this average together Rick. Interesting and certainly not surprised on my part with the numbers.

Dtrkyman

Shows we need to recruit new hunters and not judge them for the way they choose to hunt or what gear they use.

Though the younger crowd is likely more active on face space and the like.

Happy

It shows me I have pretty good odds of beating most of you old farts up the mountains!

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

GobbleNut

Quote from: Happy on February 25, 2020, 10:19:54 AM
It shows me I have pretty good odds of beating most of you old farts up the mountains!

Don't be countin' your odds before they hatch, young'un.  I may be old but I'm fat and slow too.  Give me a two hour head start and I'll beat you up that mountain at least one out of every ten times buddy!

Happy

Quote from: GobbleNut on February 25, 2020, 10:26:43 AM

Don't be countin' your odds before they hatch, young'un.  I may be old but I'm fat and slow too.  Give me a two hour head start and I'll beat you up that mountain at least one out of every ten times buddy!

ddturkeyhunter

Quote from: Happy on February 25, 2020, 10:35:52 AM

:emoticon-cartoon-012:

RutnNStrutn

Spitten and drummen

Thanks for the breakdown. Very interesting.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Harty

Quote from: ddturkeyhunter on February 25, 2020, 10:59:11 AM
Quote from: Happy on February 25, 2020, 10:35:52 AM

:emoticon-cartoon-012:

Sometimes slower up the mountain is better then fast   :)

Turkeyman

What's the joke about the young bull and the old bull as they eye the cows down below!!!

Happy

Quote from: Turkeyman on February 25, 2020, 04:05:04 PM
What's the joke about the young bull and the old bull as they eye the cows down below!!!
That's why I exercise. To paraphrase a Southern general. " The key to winning is to get there first with the most firepower."

rifleman

I don't worry about guys running off to the top of the mountain.  I have an awful lot of luck just lolly-gagging around and cleaning up after them.  Usually not long after they have run to the top and become tired and disappointed.  Along with the bull analogy:  remember the hare and tortoise.

Happy

There is a lot of truth there. I dont usually mess with "easy access" turkeys for several reasons. 1. It keeps the old and out of shape guys entertained. 2. I dont have to worry about a nimrod ruining my hunt.
3. A lot of times I can come back later and take care of the turkey they didn't kill if I need to later in the year after the less serious fellows have given up.
The way I see it it's a win for everyone.