turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New pot?

Started by TTG, February 24, 2020, 05:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTG

I've been looking for a new crystal or glass. Open to other surfaces, but wanting something loud that is versatile as well. Sounds like the crystal mistress is a good choice (or twisted sister) but I've heard more than I would like to about how his newer calls aren't as good as they used to be. Any other suggestions? Ideally I would like to get it before the season too. I know sometimes you have to wait, but that is part of my consideration right now. Any insight would be appreciated!

StruttinGobbler3

No doubt, David makes one of the best crystals out there. I had a crystal mistress and it was a great call, I don't know why I sold it. I'm not sure if the quality is still the same. I just received a crystal from Jimmy Schaffer that is a smoker. Awesome call and easy to run. I don't see the halloran having any advantage over Jimmy's call. Either one will kill turkeys to the best of the callers ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Txag12

I would be looking at Larry Halford or Mark Cornelius, not sure on their current turn around time though. Dustin Jones and Jimmy Schaffer are both great as well. Brad Roberts is one of my favorites but you'll have to find a used one as he rarely makes calls now.

StruttinGobbler3

Can't believe I forgot Mark Cornelius in my first post. I have a glass and green slate from him and they're incredible calls. I'm sure his crystal is just as good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

yelpy

If you come across an S&S Crystal Heat snatch it up.

rakkin6

I have a couple of Halloran crystal calls the original Metal Mouth and I just purchased the Twisted Sister at the NWTF that to me sounds like pure turkey ( a little lore raspy than the mistress). Also I have a Lonzo and Schaefer crystal that are awesome also. Personally I don't think you can go wrong with any of those guys.

If you are looking for a different surface maybe you could look at an aluminum or Copper. If you can get a Schaefer Atomic 13 or Lonzo anodized they sound great. Or a Yingling copper I have them all and they are all great quality and sound.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Greg Massey

Mark Cornelius , James Witmer, Buster Halford, Dustin Jones and David Halloran

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

PEte_A

Hard to go wrong with this list...

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 25, 2020, 06:31:06 PM
Mark Cornelius , James Witmer, Buster Halford, Dustin Jones and David Halloran

TTG

Thanks for the input guys. I ended up looking into Jimmy Schaffers facebook and fell in love with an aluminum and it is now on it's way to my doorstep. Thanks again!

Greg Massey

Quote from: TTG on February 26, 2020, 09:36:23 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I ended up looking into Jimmy Schaffers facebook and fell in love with an aluminum and it is now on it's way to my doorstep. Thanks again!
He makes a good pot ... congrats on your new purchase ...