turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Crystal Mistress vs. Twisted Sister

Started by TTG, February 23, 2020, 05:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTG

What's the difference between these calls? Aren't they both crystal over slate? I'm wanting a new crystal and have heard so many good things about the mistress but have also heard good things about the twisted sister too. Only thing that worries me is reading posts that say the newer CM maybe aren't as good as they used to be.

Just wondering which I should go for.

bunk

I've owned both. Liked the twisted sister better. It had more rasp on the end. I didn't keep the mistress long and I eventually sold the twisted sister and still regret it. I even tried to buy it back.

MDTOM84

The twisted sister has more rasp. You can't go wrong with either but if you like a raspy sound then I would get the sister

bbcoach

I have both and carry both.  The CM is clearer/cleaner and the TS has more rasp.  IMO, if you want a hen with a clearer/cleaner sound then get the CM.  If you want to take it up a notch and want a hen with a TUDE then the TS is your call.  I like them both and so do the birds.

mtns2hunt

Quote from: bbcoach on February 23, 2020, 07:29:46 PM
I have both and carry both.  The CM is clearer/cleaner and the TS has more rasp.  IMO, if you want a hen with a clearer/cleaner sound then get the CM.  If you want to take it up a notch and want a hen with a TUDE then the TS is your call.  I like them both and so do the birds.
Appreciate the clarification. I was wondering the same. I have the Crystal Mistress and have called several birds in with it. Think I will snag a Twisted Sister after your explanation.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Txag12

Like the other guys have said, more rasp on the twisted sister. The crystal mistress I will say has a higher clearer front end to the yelp, which I personally prefer. Both are great.

Jbird22

I've owned both but the CM is the only one I still have. The TS I had just didn't suit my taste.

Spitten and drummen

Cant go wrong with either. My twisted sister gets used alot more because of the backend on it.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

TalknTurkey

A few years back I was trying to decide between the two also. I contacted David and asked him his preference. He recommended the TS paired with his one piece yellow heart striker so that's the combo I went with. Many successful hunts and dead birds later, I have not been disappointed...it's a deadly combo!

BTH

My brother has the CM and I have the TS. Both have a pile of dead turkeys to their credit.

I would suggest trying both if you can with a couple of your favorite strikers and see what suites you. Also figure out which one you feel you have the most confidence in when you pick it up and run it. Just my opinion.
Phil 4:13

troutfisher13111

My TS paired with a Bloodwood striker is pure killer for me.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Happy hooker

What about the other part of his question,,are the newer CM and TS has good has the older ones,,I too have heard he got a new machine that maybe puts a different sound in the way the pots are turned ???

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Happy hooker on February 24, 2020, 01:14:55 PM
What about the other part of his question,,are the newer CM and TS has good has the older ones,,I too have heard he got a new machine that maybe puts a different sound in the way the pots are turned ???

In my opinion and I have experience with both new and old , I do not think the newer ones sound as good as the older ones. To my ear anyway.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

va longbeard

Twisted sister is my preference more aggressive and not as clear as the crystal mistress both great pots though.

Of the 8 crystal calls I own the only one I hunt is the twisted sister.

TauntoHawk

Twisted sister is my favorite pot call and the only pot call this is on me 100% of my hunts. It was also the first custom call of any kind I ever got but is still is irreplaceable when it comes to aggressive calling on a pot call.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>