turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Packable rain gear

Started by kytrkyhntr, February 16, 2020, 09:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kytrkyhntr

Anyone have a suggestion on some camo rain gear  (preferably mossy oak) that I can fit in the back of my vest? Something light weight. I usually don't try to hunt in a monsoon but I've gotten caught in some. I've always just carried a cheap poncho but it doesn't quite fit well in my vest. Just looking to go as light and efffective as possible. What do you use?
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

Nathan_Wiles

Sil-nylon woodland camo rain poncho is my "get back to truck" choice.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

kennedyh1990

I like the frogg togg set and that is what I own. However, I've heard awesome things about the space rain suit that cabelas makes and I know that it packs into a small carrying pouch that fits easily into your vest. It's extremely light weight from what I can tell. I'd give it a look if I was doing it over again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wbpc

I bought a suit from midway that I like. It's lightweight and comes with a stuff sack.

paboxcall

I bought a set from Cabelas that came packed into its own little pocket, and as advertised fit in the vest perfectly. Until I had to unpack it one rainy day. Worked perfectly too.

Now, I wish someone could show me how to pack that jacket and pants back into their little pockets again.  :z-dizzy:
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Dtrkyman

I have cabelas space rain, good stuff just don't go brush busting with it!!!

Mtd69

i like the frogg togg rain gear it comes in mossyoak bottomland

BigSlam51

I'll second the cabelas space rain suit

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

trkehunr93

The Cabelas MT050 is hard to beat IMO, packs into it's own pocket and can take a beating.  I have a pair of Scent Blocker rain pants I got cheap after Christmas so I have a full set, I'll see how they do in a down pour.  I only put mine on when it starts raining as it doesn't take up alot of space in my vest.

randy6471

Quote from: BigSlam51 on February 17, 2020, 06:56:20 AM

Works for me as well!

SoDak_JD

Quote from: randy6471 on February 17, 2020, 01:26:44 PM

Works for me as well!

I'll add another vote as well.  It kept my Dad and I dry in rain/snow mix last turkey season.

Spitten and drummen

Frogg toggs or just a poncho suites all my needs.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

MO HUNTER

Quote from: SoDak_JD on February 17, 2020, 01:49:25 PM
Quote from: randy6471 on February 17, 2020, 01:26:44 PM

Works for me as well!

I'll add another vote as well.  It kept my Dad and I dry in rain/snow mix last turkey season.

This gets my vote. Used mine in Nebraska last year. Loved em!

dswmsn

The Allen brand camo PVC poncho is cheap, very light, disposable & pocket size. They have kept me dry on more than one occasion. I think I have seen them in Mossy Oak & Realtree.

appalachianassassin