turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Bowhunters , Aluminum or carbon ?

Started by redarrow, May 09, 2011, 09:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redarrow

For those of you that hunt deer or turkeys,do you use carbon or aluminum. I always shot aluminum. Now that I have switched to using the crossbow I find myself with quite a few 2413 arrows. Most of them are brand new.I have been considering putting them in the classifieds here on OG. So,anybody shooting aluminum still ?

drenalinld

I shoot carbon wrapped aluminum and aluminum wrapped carbon. Easton A/C/C's and full metal jackets.

bowhunter84

i shoot carbon but there's still some that shoot aluminum.

Ky strutt n bust n

Quote from: drenalinld on May 09, 2011, 09:19:31 AM
I shoot carbon wrapped aluminum and aluminum wrapped carbon. Easton A/C/C's and full metal jackets.
love my full metal jackets

turkey slayer

Carbon for me! My dad still shoots aluminum!

drenalinld

Quote from: Ky strutt n bust n on May 09, 2011, 07:12:27 PM
The fmj's are awesome. I love them b/c they pull easier out of 3D targets. I am really wanting to bow hunt some of that public ground in SW KY this fall. A lot of bruiser coming from your state in the last ten years.

TnTurk

Carbon here, made the switch about 15 years ago and haven't looked back since.  A/C/C's topped with a Grim Reaper broadhead is one wicked combo, what can I say, I like to watch them drop.

drenalinld

Quote from: TnTurk on May 10, 2011, 02:56:13 PM
Carbon here, made the switch about 15 years ago and haven't looked back since.  A/C/C's topped with a Grim Reaper broadhead is one wicked combo, what can I say, I like to watch them drop.
That is a wicked combo!! I have come to prefer the two blade rage but loved the grim reaper. I guess those of us shooting A/C/C's and FMJ's should really answer both carbon and aluminum. lol

WyoHunter

I've been using carbon arrows since they were introduced and would never go back to aluminums.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

turkey_slayer

Quote from: WyoHunter on May 10, 2011, 03:50:56 PM
I've been using carbon arrows since they were introduced and would never go back to aluminums.

Same here.  Been shooting easton axis but may give the FMJ a try.  Read a lot of good stuff about them

turkey_slayer

Anybody remember the Beaman compression fit arrows? Shot those also and know where there is a dozen new in the box

bad0351

Carbon express maxima hunters....blazer vanes and 2 blade blood runners...
Sometimes...all a man has left is his dog.....

drenalinld

[/quote]

Same here.  Been shooting easton axis but may give the FMJ a try.  Read a lot of good stuff about them
[/quote]

They are bad medicine! A little on the heavy side, but with the small diameter they penetrate like no other. If you shoot long range the wind drift is a little less.

Ky strutt n bust n

Quote from: drenalinld on May 10, 2011, 02:47:08 PM
The fmj's are awesome. I love them b/c they pull easier out of 3D targets. I am really wanting to bow hunt some of that public ground in SW KY this fall. A lot of bruiser coming from your state in the last ten years.
where you thinking about trying at in southwest ky drenalinld?

Kylongspur88

Quote from: drenalinld on May 10, 2011, 02:47:08 PM
e
SHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! No deer here ;) Just kidding, if someones willing to pay for an out of state tag I say go for it...