turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Belt Buckles and Strikers

Started by Sir-diealot, February 05, 2020, 11:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Some of my belt buckles, the ones related to turkey hunting anyway. I have to get the Miriam's, Gould's and Osceola buckles to finish off the North American species, I am not sure if there is a buckle for the Ocellated turkey or not. I have to get Summer and Winter to finish off the other series of buckles. I will not wear the Rio buckle unless I get one when I go to OK next Spring. I am not going to be able to add any more for a couple of months, have some things I have to get taken care of before I put a vehicle on the road in time for turkey season in May.

IMG_0850 (2) by Sir-diealot, on Flickr

IMG_0851 (2) by Sir-diealot, on Flickr

IMG_0852 (2) by Sir-diealot, on Flickr

IMG_0853 (2) by Sir-diealot, on Flickr

I also got in these two strikers from Jeff (JLH) today One is Spalted Maple Hickory and the second is his Frogwood. I have to thank him for taking the time to make these a little wider for me than he normally does, with my hands skinnier strikers can often make my hand hurt quite a bit because of the car accident I had in 88. Both strikers play very well but I have to say that the Frogwood really has a lot of bite to it when it is playing on the surface and makes it very easy to get sound from it without much if any work at all.
IMG_0859 by Sir-diealot, on Flickr

IMG_0858 by Sir-diealot, on Flickr

Oh I got a new shirt in too, my GF is not very good with either of my cameras, this is what the front looks like though.

84702196_2628597240718270_1315734884345446400_n by Sir-diealot, on Flickr
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

1iagobblergetter

Those are neat. I never knew they even existed.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on February 05, 2020, 11:20:09 PM
Those are neat. I never knew they even existed.

Thanks, I have been trying to get them when I can, there is a matched set with matching numbers of the seasons ones on ebay right now but I just can't justify $180.00 + for belt buckles. Here is the link if anybody is interested. https://www.ebay.com/itm/National-Wild-Turkey-Federation-Limited-Edition-Four-Season-Collectors-Buckles/402061822656
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Sir-diealot

John Koenig:

MS Boy

That is really cool.

I love the belt buckles and just might have to look into getting me one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MS Boy

I would like to get my hands on the Eastern belt buckle.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: MS Boy on February 06, 2020, 10:10:38 AM
That is really cool.

I love the belt buckles and just might have to look into getting me one.

Quote from: MS Boy on February 06, 2020, 10:12:41 AM
I would like to get my hands on the Eastern belt buckle.

Thanks. I just got the Eastern, Fall and 20th anniversary ones in the mail yesterday. I went and looked and could not find another Eastern for you online. There is a Summer online but it is much more than I want to spend. It is also in better shape than mine are from a collectors standpoint and comes with the original clothe pouch they came in. There is also a full set of seasons they are asking a $180 opening bid on and all the numbers match on that set which makes them very collectable as matching/sequential numbers are very desirable in the collecting world.

John Koenig:

MS Boy

Ok thanks for the info and help

Sir-diealot

Quote from: MS Boy on February 06, 2020, 12:11:16 PM
Ok thanks for the info and help

You're quite welcome.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

I added these two to the collection this week. I only need Summer now to finish off that set. Found out yesterday that they did indeed to one for the Ocellated turkey, that means I need that one, Gould's and Osceola to finish that set.

IMG_1200 by Sir-diealot, on Flickr

IMG_1199 by Sir-diealot, on Flickr

John Koenig:

Tom007

Great collection my friend......
"Solo hunter"

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Tom007 on June 11, 2020, 07:17:42 AM
Great collection my friend......
Thank you, hope I can find Summer before the end of it.

John Koenig:

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

silvestris

The Ocellated is not a turkey.  Just a gimmick bird to get your money.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game