turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gobble call question

Started by strum, February 04, 2020, 03:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strum

Im sure this has been asked but I want something that I can gobble on. I use mouth calls.  I just cant gobble or purr well but thats a different story. Cant roll my Rs . There is soo many gobble calls out there . whats the easiest to use. or maybe i should ask which one works well without having to stand on my head rub my belly and drive a beat up ford whith both feet all at the same time? I ran across a vintage Red Wolf world champion shaker that looks cool but that dont mean much.

turkeymanjim

I use a tube call,  but it takes practice.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

I use a box call, with rubber band ... have been for years with great results ...

MK M GOBL

I used to use the RED WOLFE gobble shaker, once the diaphragm rotted out of it I had a Primos after that.
I now just gobble on my diaphragm call. 

Don't know there's a way to post a video on here and kind of hard to explain what I do, took some practice to get it right. I will say it's my last ditch effort when all else has failed. I had birds come to it and birds run from it, all comes back to the dominance/social order turkeys live by everyday.

MK M GOBL

Rzrbac

Primos shaker tube will be the easiest call to use. It works, I've had success with one. Now it's not the best sounding gobble but there's zero learning curve. I have also used a box, mouth call and tube. I would have to say the tube will sound the most realistic from my experience. As previously mentioned, gobbling can be effective and can also shut one down immediately. There are some other calls such as the Haint. I've heard video clips of people sounding very good on one but I've never actually tried one. From what I've read it's a little harder to produce a good gobble with. So if you just want something cheap and easy, Primos is a good option.

perrytrails

Tube call, message Scpossum or Matt McClain.

Little practice you can make a great Jake gobble and yelps.

Great locater call, super loud cuts
Will reach out to them.

turkeymanjim

Quote from: perrytrails on February 04, 2020, 11:43:27 PM
Tube call, message Scpossum or Matt McClain.

Little practice you can make a great Jake gobble and yelps.

Great locater call, super loud cuts
Will reach out to them.
Scpossum makes beautiful acrylic tube calls.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

packmule

A long box will produce gobbles.

ozarktroutbum

If you can get down the "ticka...ticka...ticka" you can make a very presentable gobble on either of those primos/flextone type gobble calls. They are literally just like double reed duck calls. Practice being able to say it clearly 4-5 times in a row and then work on speed. You will get it down.