OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

What % of turkey hunters fall into the category of Traditional Turkey Hunters ?

Started by King Cobra, February 04, 2020, 11:39:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberjack86

Some of the comments here are hard to stomach, I see nothing traditional about bashing the way others hunt. It's not just here either it's other forums too. I hunt traditional I guess, no blinds no decoys no shots past 40yards but I really don't care how anyone else does it. Just have fun this spring hunting how you like!

LaLongbeard

If you know before hand that a traditional Turkey hunters opinions will upset you why  read the post? Why continue to click on the thread? Is someone forcing you to read these posts? When I see decoy threads or something in the title I don't care about I just don't read it. If someone is making you read these upsetting posts you should get help...no means no lol
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

augasman

I like how people just assume that decoys and blinds are some kind of magic bullet for killing turkeys. I've used both in the past. I don't really use either now. As far as decoys go, I've had as many run away from them as run to them, so I'd just prefer not carry the extra weight. I've sat in blinds before and had birds pass just out of range because I couldn't put the blind where I really wanted to be. There are no hidden secrets other than carrying a rifle. I asked my grandad one time why he didn't hunt turkeys. He said "Hell, that's no fun. All you have to do is get within 200 yards and put the crosshairs on em".

All that said, there are two types of crutches. One is physical. The other is mental.

timberjack86

Quote from: LaLongbeard on February 18, 2020, 06:40:20 PM
If you know before hand that a traditional Turkey hunters opinions will upset you why  read the post? Why continue to click on the thread? Is someone forcing you to read these posts? When I see decoy threads or something in the title I don't care about I just don't read it. If someone is making you read these upsetting posts you should get help...no means no lol
Ridiculous post,  I love discussion and there is alot of good discussion in these threads. There is also some people who take it too far and put people down for not hunting the way they do. I get it some people need a pat on the back. I hunt traditional and I don't care how other people hunt. If everyone that got there feelings hurt and took your advice these forums would cease to exist.

Bennett

Pointing out your belief in the way something should be done is not bashing others. The bashing usually starts when someone is offended because deep down they know what the others are saying has merit. In my opinion saying you don't care how someone hunts as long as it's legal is like saying you don't care about the future of our sport. I can't imagine telling my kids as long as it's legal it's right, so go ahead and do it.

hotspur

I have a cheap GPS I use to find my truck. I still wear military camo and shoot a bead , am I traditional  ?

LaLongbeard

Quote from: timberjack86 on February 19, 2020, 06:57:45 AM
Quote from: LaLongbeard on February 18, 2020, 06:40:20 PM

If everyone that got there feelings hurt and took your advice these forums would cease to exist.

That is probably closer to the truth than you know

timberjack86

Quote from: Bennett on February 19, 2020, 08:05:50 AM
Pointing out your belief in the way something should be done is not bashing others. The bashing usually starts when someone is offended because deep down they know what the others are saying has merit. In my opinion saying you don't care how someone hunts as long as it's legal is like saying you don't care about the future of our sport. I can't imagine telling my kids as long as it's legal it's right, so go ahead and do it.
Where did you get anywhere in my post that I don't care about the future of our sport? Lol I mean really?? I would hate to think what future hunters  think reading all the negative post bashing others about the way some hunt. Do I agree with reaping, full strut decoys and 60 yard shots? Heck no but it does no good for the future of our sport to tear each other apart on an open forum. Also telling your kids how to hunt is alittle bit different than telling someone else how to hunt. Anyway I'm off the soap box now lol

Bennett

LaLongbeard

I would hope future generations of hunters will recognize why some chose not to use gimmicks to kill turkeys.
As for bashing others on an open forum ,I think that's a little much. You do know per pressure was the only thing keeping the weirdos from running rampant like they are now lol. There has always been transgender freaks and every other type of weird behavior going on they just kept it hidden for fear of ridicule or worse. Now everyone and everything is legal and excepted no matter how off the wall it is. If any comment I have ever made has caused someone to second guess trying to take a short  cut to killing a Gobbler ....I say good. If that upsets some ,so what go tell. I'm guessing high school was really rough for some of you lol

renegade19

Quote from: LaLongbeard on February 19, 2020, 02:55:38 PM
I would hope future generations of hunters will recognize why some chose not to use gimmicks to kill turkeys.
As for bashing others on an open forum ,I think that's a little much. You do know per pressure was the only thing keeping the weirdos from running rampant like they are now lol. There has always been transgender freaks and every other type of weird behavior going on they just kept it hidden for fear of ridicule or worse. Now everyone and everything is legal and excepted no matter how off the wall it is. If any comment I have ever made has caused someone to second guess trying to take a short  cut to killing a Gobbler ....I say good. If that upsets some ,so what go tell. I'm guessing high school was really rough for some of you lol

What if you're the weird one and don't know it?

timberjack86

Quote from: renegade19 on February 19, 2020, 06:40:03 PM
Quote from: LaLongbeard on February 19, 2020, 02:55:38 PM

What if you're the weird one and don't know it?
:TooFunny:

Spitten and drummen

Boy , I see there are more thinned skinned people showing up around here lately. Hope they all get there participation trophies. If you cannot handle peoples opinions on a internet forum and it makes you want to stop coming and posting on them because you wittle feelings get hurt then you need some help.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

renegade19

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on February 19, 2020, 07:00:53 PM
Boy , I see there are more thinned skinned people showing up around here lately. Hope they all get there participation trophies. If you cannot handle peoples opinions on a internet forum and it makes you want to stop coming and posting on them because you wittle feelings get hurt then you need some help.
If you're referring to me
1.  I been around a long time
2.  I hunt "traditional"
3.  My wittle feelings weren't hurt I just don't like jerks telling other people that they're less of a hunter or sportsman because they hunt differently.
4.  If your state lets you hunt deer over feeders, bait, mineral blocks, with dogs, or any other means that it takes you to kill one, I don't believe in that either but you do you if you want to.  I won't tell you that I think you're a pathetic deer hunter and you couldn't kill a trophy free range whitetail no matter how many days you spent in the woods.
5.  I think it absurd to pay someone to guide you to kill a deer or a turkey but that's just my opinion and I'm a hypocrite cause I did pay a tarpon fishing guide one time. 
6.  I'll see myself out now.  Good hunting!

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: renegade19 on February 19, 2020, 07:18:12 PM
Quote from: Spitten and drummen on February 19, 2020, 07:00:53 PM
If you're referring to me
1.  I been around a long time
2.  I hunt "traditional"
3.  My wittle feelings weren't hurt I just don't like jerks telling other people that they're less of a hunter or sportsman because they hunt differently.
4.  If your state lets you hunt deer over feeders, bait, mineral blocks, with dogs, or any other means that it takes you to kill one, I don't believe in that either but you do you if you want to.  I won't tell you that I think you're a pathetic deer hunter and you couldn't kill a trophy free range whitetail no matter how many days you spent in the woods.
5.  I think it absurd to pay someone to guide you to kill a deer or a turkey but that's just my opinion and I'm a hypocrite cause I did pay a tarpon fishing guide one time. 
6.  I'll see myself out now.  Good hunting!

First of all I must have hit a nerve with you. If the shoe fits , wear it. Its a public forum dude. We can all agree to disagree. I have been here a long time and I have never seen so many people whining about what someone else says. The thing is , is we are all here giving opinions. Thats what a forum is. A bunch of people sharing there opinions. Its sad when someone feels so offended , talks about leaving for being offended and then continues to post on the topic. I hunt the way I hunt and you hunt the way you hunt. Who cares. Its all about opinions.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE