turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Our Dicks has stopped selling guns

Started by SinGin, February 01, 2020, 06:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinGin

Stopped by today and they are getting out of the hunting business. Said they were out because there is a Bass Pro, Academy, and 9 other places around to buy guns

Greg Massey

The only people Dicks has to blame is themselves .. no need for them to blame Bass Pro, Academy etc...

trkehunr93

The only reason I still occasionally shop there is because I purchase stuff for work there and I use my rewards card when I make the purchases.  Otherwise I don't go in there anymore. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gobspur

Ours Dicks just closed completely last month.  Worthless place

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

owlhoot

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 01, 2020, 06:22:52 PM
The only people Dicks has to blame is themselves .. no need for them to blame Bass Pro, Academy etc...
X2 on that

Sixes

I'm hoping them and their sister, Field and Stream, go bankrupt and to be honest, Johnny Morris too. Bass Pro has ruined Cabelas

Gooserbat

I don't understand why people still shop at Dicks.  I've not been in one since the AR debacle.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Big Pine

I went into the dicks in daphne, AL today to see if they had started putting out any turkey stuff and the whole outdoor part of the store was empty. No guns, ammo, camo, nothin.

owlhoot

Guess it wasn't just about the AR now was it.

Spitten and drummen

Good ridence. I agree. Did it to themselves.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Magdump

Quote from: SinGin on February 01, 2020, 06:08:11 PM
Stopped by today and they are getting out of the hunting business. Said they were out because there is a Bass Pro, Academy, and 9 other places around to buy guns

Having seen the inside of things in the firearm industry, i can accurately state that they are getting out of the hunting business for one reason and only one reason.  Because the CEO is a gun hating communist that killed their hunting business so that they could avoid selling guns.

Then, Dick's actually hired anti-gun lobbyists to attack YOUR fundamental right to self defense. 

As a result of all this, we boycotted them hard and their commie CEO then got his wish.  No more guns in Dick's stores. 

I will smile hugely when they go bankrupt.

Sixes

Don't forget field and stream is really dicks outdoors

bbcoach

Their upper management made a COMMAND decision, a couple years ago, to stop selling any gun to anyone under 21 (which included rifles and shotguns).  Our local Dick's store had a 20 year old male working in that outdoor department at the time.  He could sell guns to customers over 21 but he couldn't buy one.  He resigned almost immediately and became employed at a local family owned outdoor store that didn't have the 21 rule.  I've never been a fan of Dick's.  Probably only been in their stores 3 times. 

Sir-diealot

I may be wrong about this but I am pretty sure I read here that some if not all the Field and Stream portion of them was purchased by a pro hunting company.

Edit: They sold 8 of them to Sportsman's Warehouse
Sportsman's Warehouse to acquire 8 Field & Stream stores for $28M
Read more at:
https://thefly.com/landingPageNews.php?id=2969453
https://thefly.com/landingPageNews.php?id=2969453&headline=SPWH;DKS-Sportsmans-Warehouse-to-acquire--Field-amp-Stream-stores-for-M
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Gobspur on February 01, 2020, 06:33:21 PM
Ours Dicks just closed completely last month.  Worthless place

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Good. Sounds like the whole chain needs to close. I'll support the outdoor stores that support what I believe in and that is owning lots of guns.. ;D