OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Your Deadliest Turkey Call?

Started by StruttinGobbler3, January 27, 2020, 12:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rifleman

Pure junk!  Don't ever try a nail call by Chris B.  Not worth picking up if found in the road.  Just trust me....written while smiling.

TrackeySauresRex

The acorn cruncher with some hen in heat turkey lure.  :funnyturkey:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

StruttinGobbler3

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on February 25, 2020, 07:45:08 PM
I prefer to put out some corn syrup over the acorns to get their attention, and use my ozonics and scent blocker so that boss gobbler can't circle downwind and smell me. I then hide behind my 3 foot wide reaping fan. When he drifts closer after getting a whiff of that corn syrup, the final part comes into play. I have beaten his eyes and his nose, and from here it's too easy. I blow two short and sharp blasts on my hs strut squealing hen. Only difficulty at that point is killing him as he wildly charges in, before he attacks the fan and spurs me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Tail Feathers

Quote from: StruttinGobbler3 on February 25, 2020, 08:11:55 PM
I prefer to put out some corn syrup over the acorns to get their attention, and use my ozonics and scent blocker so that boss gobbler can't circle downwind and smell me. I then hide behind my 3 foot wide reaping fan. When he drifts closer after getting a whiff of that corn syrup, the final part comes into play. I have beaten his eyes and his nose, and from here it's too easy. I blow two short and sharp blasts on my hs strut squealing hen. Only difficulty at that point is killing him as he wildly charges in, before he attacks the fan and spurs me.

You just need a bottle of Tink's Hot Hen scent and you will be invincible to turkeys!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

StruttinGobbler3

Quote from: Tail Feathers on February 25, 2020, 08:22:58 PM
Quote from: StruttinGobbler3 on February 25, 2020, 08:11:55 PM

You just need a bottle of Tink's Hot Hen scent and you will be invincible to turkeys!
I've considered it, but dang I don't want to kill every bird on my place. Got to leave some for breeding stock.

John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

singlestrand

Gobblerslobber

Chattahoochee Green Machine  Only had this pot a few years but when my diaphragm fails, it will seal the deal.

ggrue

I've had more response from Ol Betsy than any other as well.  I bought a Woodhaven Slate this year to give it a run. Ol Betsy won't be leaving my vest any time soon. 

Quote from: bbcoach on January 27, 2020, 07:14:38 AM
Believe it or not, it's a Primos Ol Betsy grey slate with a wood laminate striker.  A production call that is only $14-$15 but gets tons of responses and has been the death of many birds.  It's the first out of my vest every morning.  TOTAL CONFIDENCE.

Tom007

hotspur

Another thought that has been touched on would be if your hunting an area for a few days changing calls in your vest. Buddies of mine scratch their heads when I show up and make a kill when they have been struggling, I think its the new sound they are hearing, when I kill the boss gobbler they have been hearing a d not seeing is because the hens are nesting

SSCsnood

A fresh mouth call with some variation of a ghost cut, my hand, and hopefully some noisy leaves on the ground nearby. Scratching usually gets the job done late in the game. When I run a friction call it's either a Lonzo glass or Sinclair green slate.

JL_Longbeard

Mouth call with some leaf scratching if it's available. God I'm ready for gobbler season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howie g

T3 game calls out of La , awesome mouth yelpers and slates . Pure turkey ????