OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rain Suit

Started by delta hunter, January 18, 2020, 07:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delta hunter

Recommend me a good Camo rain suit for turkey hunting.

Iaguntrader

I like the Bear Lake packable rain coat that MidwayUSA sells. It packs down nice and fits well in my vest. I don't have the pants as I have some old ones I got from Cabela's years ago that I use.

Mossberg90MN

I've been looking at the cabelas ones. Not a bad price on them.

neal

I really like the Sitka cloudburst packs very easily keep it in the bottom of my vest all season.

Neal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

Nathan_Wiles

I use a nylon poncho, covers vest and packs up easy. I a couple rain jackets but find the poncho suits me better.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

LaLongbeard

I've always used my military issue poncho you can cover gun and everything else. I don't hunt down pours but when caught in a shower I always have the poncho in my vest.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Old Timer

Poncho, covers everything,you, firearm,call!

Gobble!

Quote from: Mossberg90MN on January 18, 2020, 08:05:36 PM
I've been looking at the cabelas ones. Not a bad price on them.

Been using mine for 8 years. Great suit.

Greg Massey

I've been using Kool dri camo suit for years .. good rain suit ...

Spitten and drummen

I keep a set of frogg toggs stored in my vest. Works great. Light weight and keeps you dry and warm. For the price you cant beat them. Poncho works fine too. I have a rainy day vest and mostly use mouth calls and trumpets when it rains so not worried about keeping high dollar calls safe.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

aclawrence

Any of you guys carry an umbrella when your expecting a shower? I know one morning last year I sat in the rain waiting for daylight. I got in there close and it almost worked out but you know how turkey hunting goes.

NCSWAMPFOX

Like Sitka cloudburst as well. Costs more but is best I've used

wvmntnhick

I've found the couch to be quite inviting on days like that. Have used a bit of everything. If I'm gonna be out in the rain, I'll take a blind pretreated with some type of water repellent. Haven't tried the Sitka stuff but have the others. They work just fine but I try not to use my gear as a rain gauge anymore. I've taken a liking to much of it these days and it deserves better treatment. Calls that is. My guns just a tool. It can be cleaned.

deerhunt1988

Its expensive...But if you wanting some of the best raingear for turkey hunting, look into the Kuiu Chugach. Lightweight, good fit, great stretch, zips for ventilation to cool down if you get too hot, pretty quiet.. I have a set and absolutely love it. Going to be hard to top for the active turkey hunter.

SoDak_JD

My dad and I picked u the lightweight Cabelas set last year and were happy with them during a day of wet, heavy snow (with a little rain mixed in).  I thought they're fairly quiet band they kept us dry.

I've read that some were unhappy with how they held up in really thick brush but haven't had that experience.

I don't think they can really be considered a direct competitor to some of the Sitka or Kuiu stuff but they are a lot easier on the wallet and do work well to a point.