turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Quick question, Glenda's Satchel

Started by Syn, January 13, 2020, 11:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syn

For those of you who have hunted with one, how quiet is it? Do the calls make nice while walking, especially box calls? What about the stuff you carry in the bottom? Just curious how it is out in the field bouncing on your side.

Joe

Greg Massey

It has it's on individual pockets for box call's etc ... same with pot call pockets , shell pocket and mouth call pockets alone with striker individual slots ... it has lot's of room and pocket's and it doesn't make any noise .. awesome satchel...

Spitten and drummen

This will be my first year using it. I have looked it over pretty good and have concluded that it will replace my vest.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

M Sharpe

She builds the best satchel on the market!!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

mikejd

I have been using a shoulder bag for 25 years now. Never liked a vest. But personally I really dont like the Glendas satchel. Yes its very well made and handmade to boot for that reason I am keeping mine. However I feel its to big and I dont like were the straps are attached I dont like the way it hangs.  I have a few others and I prefer them all.

3bailey3

I love my Glenda's satchel, quiet, well made, I will never need a vest again!

StruttinGobbler3

I've never seen one in person, so take my words with a grain of salt. But from what I've seen of videos and pictures of this satchel: yes, it's certainly well made. However, from what I can tell it looks too large, and I don't think I could stand having that bag bouncing against my side and thigh all day, with a strap cutting into the side of my neck.
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

PEPPERHEAD

Quote from: mikejd on January 13, 2020, 10:22:06 PM
I have been using a shoulder bag for 25 years now. Never liked a vest. But personally I really dont like the Glendas satchel. Yes its very well made and handmade to boot for that reason I am keeping mine. However I feel its to big and I dont like were the straps are attached I dont like the way it hangs.  I have a few others and I prefer them all.
I'm looking to ditch the vest. What bag  are you using?
Thanks

moonshine

FYI guys - Ms. Glenda also makes a "minimalist" satchel as well... 

And to echo the statements above, all her stuff is very well made and has a lot of thought and turkey hunter input put into every design!  And the fact that her and Rodney (her husband) and Linda (her sister) are super good people doesn't hurt either!
www.facebook.com/moonshineleatherworks
www.instagram.com/moonshineleatherworks

Syn

I wasn't questioning the quality, I have no doubt it's an awesome bag. I am definitely going to order one I was just curious if the calls made noise during a walk in or out of the woods. I think it's an awesome design and you can tell from her pics and responses that she puts a lot of time and thought into them. I can't wait to get one ordered and see how it hunts.

Joe

Sir-diealot

If you are on Facebook Glenda made this post showing the different patterns and the difference between the two satchels. Hope this helps. By the way very nice woman. https://www.facebook.com/glenda.green.9256028/posts/218085795866576
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

trad bow

Ms Glenda was at the Unicoi call show this past weekend. She had all her products on display. I couldn't decide between the two satchels so went with the larger bag which isn't that large of a bag. I'll probably buy the smaller bag later on just to have both sizes. I've loaded the bag with the calls I use 99% of the time and still have plenty of room for extra stuff. I've walked thru the woods with it on and checked smaller trap line of mine and had no problems with the bag making any noise. 

Flounder

I uses Ms. Glenda's satchel with my turkey lounger if I'm setting up on a bird I have roosted the previous evening or hanging out in my blind for an extended period of time. It works great and serves it purpose very well.
Each satchel is numbered and is very well made with high quality zippers and materials. Call pockets are perfectly located for easy access and in my opinion its quite enough to get the job done.
With this being said I don't use it when stalking or trying to put the move on a bird, vest only.
It also serves as a call carrier from my safe to my calling area, when I want to get a bunch of calls a lay them out for a calling session with buddy's or myself.
I'm also thinking about getting another made for me to use for the office, don't really like the fancy Nancy shoulder bags.
Money well spent, made in the USA by a very nice lady.

Syn

Finally got my satchel in and I must say it is AWESOME!!! Thank you Ms. Glenda for such a great product. It is everything I expected and more.

Joe

Sir-diealot

Glad to hear you like it, which version did you get?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."