OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Still trying to build the collection

Started by Sir-diealot, January 01, 2020, 11:55:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

I'm still trying to build the book collection, far from as big as some of yours I'm sure. Edit: Not shown is Bad Birds.
IMG_0789 (2) by Sir-diealot, on Flickr
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

neal

Want some more books?

Neal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: neal on January 01, 2020, 12:38:52 PM
Want some more books?

Neal

I do but right now have some calls to pay off. I would not mind hearing what you have though. Thanks for asking.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

neal

PM me your address I'll send you some stuff, trying to clean out some stuff. Isn't nothing real high end but good turkey books.

Neal

Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: neal on January 01, 2020, 12:52:28 PM
PM me your address I'll send you some stuff, trying to clean out some stuff. Isn't nothing real high end but good turkey books.

Neal

Oh wow, cool, thanks. I will get that right off to you.

John Koenig:

WV Ridge Reaper

Dirt roads and dogwoods...How is that book ?

Sir-diealot

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on January 01, 2020, 01:06:21 PM
Dirt roads and dogwoods...How is that book ?

I liked it but liked his first book Somewhere Along the Way much more. There is one chapter near the end that I really enjoyed though, if you are a Christian when you read it you will as well, not that it is a religious book mind you.

John Koenig:

1iagobblergetter

Collecting turkey hunting or related books is as addictive as call collecting imo. I started out years ago just buying a couple how to books and now I've lost count on them and the money I've spent.
You have a good start in that direction Sir-die.. :icon_thumright:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on January 01, 2020, 02:19:55 PM
Collecting turkey hunting or related books is as addictive as call collecting imo. I started out years ago just buying a couple how to books and now I've lost count on them and the money I've spent.
You have a good start in that direction Sir-die.. :icon_thumright:
Thank you much. One of the ones I still need to get is Tenth Legion, every time I find a copy I am willing to spend the money on I seem to be broke and then it sells before I get paid. My birthday is in 10 days and I have already ordered myself a couple of calls, maybe I may add Tenth Legion as well if I can.

John Koenig:

Harty

I love to read about Turkeys and have a very modest no. Of books . What's you're top 5 so far Sir- Die

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Harty on January 01, 2020, 04:33:38 PM
I love to read about Turkeys and have a very modest no. Of books . What's you're top 5 so far Sir- Die
Well I am still have to read a few of these, I love to read but read incredibly slowly for whatever reason, so I have not read as many as you might think. Of the ones I have read and in no order I would say
Somewhere Along the Way
Old Pro Turkey Hunter
I am still in the mist of reading it but like bioligy so The Book of the Wild Turkey.
Also still reading (ADD/ADHD so I read several things at a time) I am really liking Tim Rize's book Haunted by the Gobbler
and Dirt Roads and Dog Woods.

I will say I just got Earl Mickel- Longbeards, Callmakers & Memories and have flipped through it and can tell I am really going to dig that one too because I love history and love turkey hunting and calls. I have flipped through Turkey Country and After the Hunt as well the they both look good as well.

John Koenig:

Harty

Quote from: Sir-diealot on January 01, 2020, 06:12:25 PM
Well I am still have to read a few of these, I love to read but read incredibly slowly for whatever reason, so I have not read as many as you might think. Of the ones I have read and in no order I would say
Somewhere Along the Way
Old Pro Turkey Hunter
I am still in the mist of reading it but like bioligy so The Book of the Wild Turkey.

Also still reading (ADD/ADHD so I read several things at a time) I am really liking Tim Rize's book Haunted by the Gobbler
and Dirt Roads andI will say I just got Earl Mickel- Longbeards, Callmakers & Memories and have flipped through it and can tell I am really going to dig that one too because I love history and love turkey hunting and calls. I have flipped through Turkey Country and After the Hunt as well the they both look good as well.

Thanks, I don't have a few of those

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Harty on January 01, 2020, 11:09:54 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on January 01, 2020, 06:12:25 PM
Somewhere Along the Way
Old Pro Turkey Hunter

and Dirt Roads andI will say I just got Earl Mickel- Longbeards, Callmakers & Memories and have flipped through it and can tell I am really going to dig that one too because I love history and love turkey hunting and calls. I have flipped through Turkey Country and After the Hunt as well the they both look good as well.

Thanks, I don't have a few of those

You're welcome.

John Koenig:

deerhunt1988

I'd pick up Kenny Morgan's two books..   Turkey Hunting: A One Man Game and America, Wild Turkeys & Mongrel Dogs

Sixes

I thought all collections started with the Tenth Legion