OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Cabelas Turkey Vest

Started by Bottomland, December 12, 2019, 08:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fmf

Quote from: Mossberg90MN on January 02, 2020, 03:50:37 PM
Quote from: fmf on January 02, 2020, 03:13:22 PM
Quote from: Mossberg90MN on January 01, 2020, 05:34:52 PM
I just put an order in for an Alpz through Cabela's. It's going for $180. I saw these Tatr 2 vests are going for $100.

I'm tempted to return the Aplz for the Cabela's one...

I bought the Alps and Tactical Tatr at the same time and ended up keeping the Cabelas.  Both are great, and each has pluses and minuses over the other one, but in the end the Alps cushion became uncomfortable in about half the time that the Cabelas cushion did.  I really liked the kickstand and the design of the vest though

How's the cushion on the cabelas one? Does that one also have a kickstand? I've seen that it does but I can't seem to see it on the photos on cabelas.com

I'm probably gonna but the cabelas one and return the alps one. If there just about the same, I could save myself $80. That's some ammo, or something else I can use it for.

The cushion on the Cabelas vest is great, and the retention system for it is awesome.  I'm speaking specifically about the tactical tatr2 which does not come with a kickstand, but it looks to be the same as the tactical tatr kickstand, just minus the kickstand....so I can't tell you how good that kickstand is on that vest.

Mossberg90MN

Quote from: fmf on January 03, 2020, 02:34:51 PM
Quote from: Mossberg90MN on January 02, 2020, 03:50:37 PM
Quote from: fmf on January 02, 2020, 03:13:22 PM
Quote from: Mossberg90MN on January 01, 2020, 05:34:52 PM
I just put an order in for an Alpz through Cabela's. It's going for $180. I saw these Tatr 2 vests are going for $100.

I'm tempted to return the Aplz for the Cabela's one...

I bought the Alps and Tactical Tatr at the same time and ended up keeping the Cabelas.  Both are great, and each has pluses and minuses over the other one, but in the end the Alps cushion became uncomfortable in about half the time that the Cabelas cushion did.  I really liked the kickstand and the design of the vest though

How's the cushion on the cabelas one? Does that one also have a kickstand? I've seen that it does but I can't seem to see it on the photos on cabelas.com

I'm probably gonna but the cabelas one and return the alps one. If there just about the same, I could save myself $80. That's some ammo, or something else I can use it for.

The cushion on the Cabelas vest is great, and the retention system for it is awesome.  I'm speaking specifically about the tactical tatr2 which does not come with a kickstand, but it looks to be the same as the tactical tatr kickstand, just minus the kickstand....so I can't tell you how good that kickstand is on that vest.

Nice! I'm probably gonna get this vest

Tail Feathers

Quote from: PALongspur on January 02, 2020, 11:33:43 AM
The Tatr vests are on the website as of right now.
They are, but the one with the kickstand says sold out.
But I checked when the OP posted and they weren't there.  Wonder why? :-\
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Jmarek

Currently as I type this Cabela's website is showing in stock for the Tatr' 2 vest and I've used one for years
and you can't beat them in my opinion

tracker#1

Just a heads up, I tried ordering one of these vest a few days ago and they said "discontinued". But today I was cruising they're websites, Cabela's and Bass Pro's website. They have a "new" version on Bass Pro site in "timber" camouflage and on Cabela's site they are in stock again today, only size available X/XL in mossy oak obsession. So when I ordered one on the Cabela's site it said $99.00 but it is on sale for $54.99....I asked the woman to double check that price and she said "yep", that's the right price !...... your welcome.... full disclosure: I work as a outfitter at a Cabela's/BassPro store. There has been a lot of "changes" since Bass Pro took over. It hasn't been easy. It will get better. It's a huge transition and it takes time.....patience for the "tenth legion"

Mossberg90MN

Well I decided to just keep my Alps outdoors vest. It was really nice when it arrived in the mail. Excited to give it a try. That cabelas vest sure looks good though. I might just scoop one up too.

RiverRoost

Quote from: Bowguy on January 03, 2020, 12:30:20 PM
Quote from: buzzardroost on December 27, 2019, 08:33:41 PM
Surely they haven't done away with them....really great vest. Probably the most user friendly and durable that I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long have you had it for and how much have you punished it? My buddy has one and has zero issues. Just seems so thin. The no shell holders thing stinks too

I took an elastic shotgun shell holder that goes over the stock and cut it and had my wife sew it inside one of the pockets. Works perfectly.

Bottomland

Im still on the search for the cabelas tactical vest.  I see they have it posted on the website again but its in some sort of timber knockoff pattern.  Would like one in obsession. 

Has anyone got any news on if they are going to discontinue it or come back out with it?

YukonC

Interested as well. I was trying to research when they start selling the turkey stuff each year and came up empty handed. The only reason I haven't purchased is the pattern.

Bottomland

Agreed.  I hope they come back out with it and bass pro hasn't ruined the cabelas version.  Im sure manufactures are going to change too.

YukonC

Well I just ordered it in the strata and will keep the tags on it and if it comes out this spring in mossy oak I'll exchange. Did that to make sure I didn't miss out completely...

Timmer

It's out on their site but not in Obsession.  I have had mine for many years.  Some of the material on the bottom and corners is showing signs of wear but it is still going strong.  I also tore a little hole in it on barbed wire the first year I got it and that has never ripped any further.  I would say it's very high quality.  I'll be majorly disappointed if I can't replace it with the same one when it finally wears out. 
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!

Timmer

There is now another model of the Tactical Tat'r out on their website.  It's the kickstand version in HTC green.  Hopefully that's a sign of more to come as we near turkey season.  If they produce another Tat'r 2 Obsession I'm snatching one up to have as a spare.
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!

Eddie12

Was just at my local Cabela's on Wednesday and they had 5-6 Tactical Tat'r Turkey Vests in stock for $100 bucks. I believe 2 of them had the kickstand. I've had mine now for 2 years and absolutely love it. I was fortunate enough to get mine in Mossy Oak Obsession.

Stoeger M3000

Mossberg90MN

Well upon more thinking I returned my grand slam vest and I bought the cabelas tactical tatr2 kickstand vest.

It was $129 vs the $189 for the grand slam. The grand slam cushion was gonna need more padding for my preference. And having that reupholstered was gonna run me near $300 total plus the vest.

If the cabelas cushion is good then great, if I need to get some extra padding in there and it cost me an extra $100 not really complaining about that. I had my butt fall asleep enough last season to want a nice cushion.

Will post pics when it arrives.