News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Getting Downhearted

Started by Punisher, November 14, 2019, 01:27:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paboxcall

Quote from: fallhnt on November 14, 2019, 01:38:34 PM
Hunt public. I enjoy it. I turn down offers to lease and hunt on private.  No obligations and I shoot any legal animal I see. I come and go as I please and nobody to get upset about something.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yep.  :agreed:
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

eggshell

In continuing the discussion, let me add that hunting public ground is certainly a viable option and I have had many good hunts on public ground. However, not all public ground is created equal. If your in an area that has large or even vast holdings of National Forest, BLM land or others then you can expect some pretty good hunting and usually find a place not so crowded. If you do not live in an area with those options you will most likely be stuck hunting small Wildlife mngt areas, state forest or some form of agreement land. In my area none of these have any continuous tracks over a few hundred acres to maybe 1,000 acres. Often the next area is at least an hour or two drive. Add to that a large city within an hour or two and bingo it's over crowded and the game get pushed off. So, it's not always that simple.

Punisher

In no way did I mean to raise a ruckus amongst us, I just hate to see the road that hunting is taking nowadays. I am sorry for any animosity.

eggshell

Hey punisher, I don't think it's a ruckous. I think there has been a lot of good suggestions/discussion. It also has been good to share how everyone's situation is different. I would guess no one is mad at you, they may disagree but that's normal.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Punisher on November 23, 2019, 12:24:55 AM
In no way did I mean to raise a ruckus amongst us, I just hate to see the road that hunting is taking nowadays. I am sorry for any animosity.

I don't think you said anything wrong, I just wish some people realized that one day they or their children or grandchildren are going to be pushed out of the sport because of leasing, like I said it will be just like it was in England where only the Noble's could hunt.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Happy

Dont think a ruckus was caused. Now how bout we talk about reaping or hunting turkeys with a rifle? In all honesty it's easy to get mad about a lot of trends in hunting.   But there really isn't any reason to. It seems to me that more people are hunting for attention than anything else and that is the saddest part if it all. No one can kill a decent buck or turkey without bragging about it and plastering it on facebook, Twitter, ect. More power to them. I will just be happy being me. I can ignore them just fine and dont feel the least bit of pressure to compete. I know it isn't gonna happen but if everyone ignored these people they would go away.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Dtrkyman

I killed 11 birds last year, my two best hunts were on public land out of my home state!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk