Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Couple Birds from this year... (Warning, bloody pic)

Started by HoggleGobble, May 06, 2011, 03:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoggleGobble

I called this one up for my dad one morning. Only the second bird he has ever killed. Sitting next to him on a tree watching him aim down his barrel was a memory I will never forget. He even admitting to getting a little nervous. Birds were hammering all around and this one came in silent strutting on a B-Line to us. Awesome morning.

Killed this one the next week sitting in the same place my dad was sitting when he killed the one pictured above. What a great tree!! He was across the Cahaba river, and never said a word. I kept waiting for the woods to wake up and didn't hear didley squat (day after a bunch of tornados came through the area). I gave a flydown cackle and nothing. Then about thirty seconds later I heard sssssshshshshhsshshshhsshSHSHSHHSHHSHSHS PLUMP. He landed about 7 steps from me. Shot him at 9 steps. His head tells the story. You can see his eye hanging out.

turkey slayer

Hognutz

Way to go, HoggleGobble. Nice stuff. Congrats to you and your dad. Memories never to be forgotten.. Well done, young man..Well done..Mike  :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Basser69

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

cannonball

njdevilsb

Congrats to you both.  Some good looking birds right there.

Flydown

You da man Chad! Congrats and good luck in Kansas! :you_rock: :you_rock: :you_rock: :you_rock:

LX_Trkyhntr

That's what I'd call shooting them in the face!!!

Good luck in KS bro!!!! :you_rock: :you_rock: :you_rock:  SG&A needs you to come through with a double, triple, or quadruple beard out there, plus some 1 1/2" hooks if possible!!  No pressure! :TooFunny:
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i