turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Up close and personal!!

Started by ghillie, May 05, 2011, 05:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghillie

Got this video on my phone two nights ago when I put a gobbler to bed.  He was at the bottom of the hill with four hens and I had two DSD's out.  Clementine and Pretty Peggy-O.  I was behind a multi-flora rose when the girls came up the hill to check them out.  The boss hen went into full strut and then stood as tall as she could and then it was game on.  She mounted ol Peggy-O and scratched her up for a while then came off her and pummelled her with her wings and pecked at her eyes.  She even grabber her by the snood and beak and tried to pull her off the stake.  That is when the gang stepped in to help.  All the while I was trying to reach for my phone get get video but as you can see it was close quarters...this is what I got...went back the next morning with the bow and stuck him at 15 steps!!

http://s812.photobucket.com/albums/zz45/ghillie33/?action=view&current=2011-05-04_06-40-18_490.mp4

I went home took pics and processed that bird.  Took a nap and then yesterday evening went out with the scatter gun to another property that was just seeded on Tuesday..  Set up at 5pm and waited with Clementine and Pretty Peggy-O.  Set up was on their way back to the roost.  Never had to call as these two big boys saw them and came in on a string.  Both were in full strut and competing for attention.  Watched it for a while, waiting for a shot opportunity on the one I wanted to take without hitting the other.  35yards and Hevi 13 #7's put this boss down in his tracks!!  27lb 9oz, 1 1/4 hooks and a 9.5" beard...What a day!!!!

Spring_Woods

"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

Hognutz

Congrats, Ghillie..That is a studasauras if I ever saw one. He is huge. Well done. One with the bow and one with the gun..Awesome..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

stinkpickle

barry

27 lbs!!! WOW! That's a hog!
What state?

paintbrush

Congrats on a great bird!! Way to lay them down!

Wrangler95

:z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley:

Very nice gobbler,congrats!!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

BradW

WOW, nice birds and the hooks...............  great little video too, that's what its all about right there.

Hawkfarm

That is a big bird.  Congrats.

turkey slayer

ghillie

Quote from: barry on May 05, 2011, 06:03:34 PM
27 lbs!!! WOW! That's a hog!
What state?

IOWA...my home state

surehuntsalot

very nice bird...........congrats
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

cannonball