OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Help

Started by Remington924, May 05, 2011, 04:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remington924

i need some help roosting birds, have had decent luck with an owl call in the AM but not at night. i also would like someone to explain how to use a peacock call to me as i was thinking of trying it, i have the one by primos.
my friends say they may just not be that hot or , not be "ready" does this mean they have hens? its been incredibly cooler weather in NH for this time of season with them talking for a 30% chance of snow showers tonight, idk.
i always call in birds for others but when its my time idk i cant find them or get on them and im really discouraged, i called in a tom on openiong day may 3rd for a buddy at one of his spots and i really thought he was going to let me shoot it then i heard him whistle and i about gag when the bird picked his head up and he shot it that really killed me because i havent called in a tom in gun distance for a few years as i have a hard time finding them and with a full time job and minimal hunting days its hard to watch everyone else kill bbirds but me