turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What if?

Started by Spring_Woods, May 05, 2011, 04:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spring_Woods

Turkey hunting were different. Let's say for instance, it was a fact that male turkeys couldn't be called in. No matter what, it would be impossible to reverse nature.

Would it still be as fun? :D
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

jshively

I would be a heck of a lot better at belly crawling.

drenalinld

If they didn't respond to calling and come some of the time, I would lose interest quick.

2ounce it is possible to enjoy making the most of any weapon and still enjoy calling gobblers very close.

Remington924

then id kill alot of turkeys by accident or id duck hunt alot more

Basser69

Would that not make it a lot like stand hunting for deer?

MarkJM

one of the things that makes it fun for me is hearing the bird gobble coming in and watching him strut all the way to the decoys. The past couple of days have been for me what you just said and i found it to not be very fun.
MuellerCustomCalls

Spring_Woods

Quote from: Basser69 on May 05, 2011, 04:47:55 PM
Would that not make it a lot like stand hunting for deer?

Yes. And thats my point. I'm a run-n-gunner type of hunter.  I also know when to be patient, but if birds didn't gobble and I knew before I set foot into the woods there wasn't a snowballs chance in hell they wouldn't come in, I wouldn't never be into turkey hunting.
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

bad0351

Quote from: 2ounce6s on May 05, 2011, 04:22:14 PM
Quote from: Spring_Woods on May 05, 2011, 04:05:27 PM
Turkey hunting were different. Let's say for instance, it was a fact that male turkeys couldn't be called in. No matter what, it would be impossible to reverse nature. Would it still be as fun? :D

Heck I thought that explained what the 60 yard shots and 300 in 10" guys believed here.
:z-guntootsmiley: :lol: :TrainWreck1:
:z-winnersmiley:
Sometimes...all a man has left is his dog.....

Tail Feathers

Then it would be deer hunting. :toothy12:

OK, they can be called to some degree, but no, it wouldn't be as much fun.  I'm addicted to the gobble! :z-guntootsmiley:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

davisd9

Gobbling is great and I love to hear that ring through the morning woods, but I also love to see a turkey strut out in the field.  I also find it very enjoyable to just watch them as they feed or interact with one another.  I do not know what it is about that bird but to me they are just absolutely beautiful animals.  If a hen walks into the decoys and stick around eating I have just as much fun as if a turkey was gobbling 60 yards in front of me.  Hunting them for me is an addiction and gobbling and strutting helps feed it but it does not satisfy it.  Now the season here in SC is over, it is time to get some glass and find the poults. :)
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

bowhunter84

Quote from: Tail Feathers on May 05, 2011, 06:18:34 PM
Then it would be deer hunting. :toothy12:

OK, they can be called to some degree, but no, it wouldn't be as much fun.  I'm addicted to the gobble! :z-guntootsmiley:
:agreed: