OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

who uses a vest and who doesnt?

Started by slave601, February 12, 2011, 01:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

who uses a vest and who doesnt?

yes i wear one
57 (82.6%)
no i dont
12 (17.4%)

Total Members Voted: 67

CASH

Sometimes.  When I don't it's a few calls in my pockets and my Gobbler Lounger
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

mossy835

I use the Cabala's Tactical vest and what I do from past experience is start at the end of the season and replace anything that did not work or was not needed (never happens) and start loading it again for the next season. I drive over six hours one way for a weekend hunt so I have everything I need to "HUNT" in the vest. I don't worry then about where a call is or my turkey shells or my filled water bottle or -. If I did not do this I might have to go another 1.5 hours to replenish my never ending supply list. My Hat face mask and license and turkey tags get the same treatment. But then there is the Tupperware container with a snap lid that I take for additional you just might want this too items (no it stays in the lodge or car).Mike
:help: :help: :help:

turkey slayer

wildcat14

I use one a lot of the time, especially early season.  Later on when it gets hot or if I don't feel like carrying everything, I will just take a owl call, crow call, and some mouth calls.

OLE RASPY

I dont wear a vest cuz i dont take much stuff with me a few calls and a gun i can fit all my calls in my hush hide suit i wear.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Always.

My vest is a critical piece of my equipment and I wouldn't be found in the woods without one.

renegade19

chatterbox

jakesdad

I always do.Its a 10x strap vest I got a walmart about 10 yrs age for about $10.has just enough pockets for my stuff,but not too many that I weigh myself down with extra crap i dont need.have a primos vest but dont care much for the vests with the full shoulders,just seem to like the strap style better.Not as hot and just as comfy.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Basser69

I did not wear one for years but do now. I have figured out that not every bird likes the same call or striker. You can't use what you don't have.

camp man

I also use the super elite 3. I bought a 15 pocket fanny pack that I'm gonna try later in the season when I'm doing my turkey death marches...... Usually do plenty of walking later in the mornings.

FLAhotdog

Usually start out w/ the vest early in the season, then switch over to my gameplan spot n' stalk pack when the weather heats up. I normally dont carry as many calls in the late season than I do in the early season. 

guesswho

I do.  Some of my hunts are all day affairs, so I carry more food and water than anything else and a vest makes that pretty easy.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

M,Yingling

No vest here ,, i like to carry shoulder bag ,, more comfy for me
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

chrisun

John 3:16
Guns have 2 enemies.....rust and politicians.