turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hands free or one handed turkey calls

Started by Sir-diealot, July 24, 2019, 04:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Look on ebay at the vintage lohman calls ... Lohman mouth yelper, Lohman pump action yelper, lohman pump action friction call model 806 , Gobbler shaker call... all of these can be operated with one hand ....

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on July 24, 2019, 08:19:55 PM
One of Shannons push pins with velcro. He would be set.
Sure would be, but those are rather hard to come by and I am not sure of what the gentlemen finances are. Would be well worth the investment though from what I have seen and heard in soundfiles. Thanks for the suggestion. Oh does Shannon make a version that would mount to gun and maybe have a string to it the way the old Quakerboy version did?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Rzrbac on July 24, 2019, 08:50:37 PM
Push pin, mouth call or possibly a tube come to mind. The Primos tubes have the snap on reeds so it would be easy to set up.
I had not thought of a tube call, I will talk to him about that as well. Thanks.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on July 25, 2019, 01:04:58 AM
Look on ebay at the vintage lohman calls ... Lohman mouth yelper, Lohman pump action yelper, lohman pump action friction call model 806 , Gobbler shaker call... all of these can be operated with one hand ....
Thanks Greg, I will pass this entire thread on to him. Hoping one of the suggestions will help.

John Koenig:

silvestris

Tube caller is an option until you get to the tuning part.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Sir-diealot

Quote from: silvestris on July 25, 2019, 03:10:51 PM
Tube caller is an option until you get to the tuning part.
Good point, I have a hard time with the latex on mine because of my left had.

John Koenig:

roberthyman14

Quote from: Sir-diealot on July 24, 2019, 04:57:18 PM
Hey guys I met a gentlemen over on facebook and he has had a stroke and does not have use of his left had/arm. I showed him that turkey vest and attachment that would help hold the gun up (H.S. Strut version) and was wondering if you guys could give me some ideas that would help him with calls as well. I am trying to see if he will come over here be at this time I will be relaying ideas. Thank you for any help given, I really want to help this guy.
Get with Espo. From old crow.  He made a box call that attaches to your gun and you pull a string to work the call.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: roberthyman14 on July 25, 2019, 08:45:10 PM
Hey guys I met a gentlemen over on facebook and he has had a stroke and does not have use of his left had/arm. I showed him that turkey vest and attachment that would help hold the gun up (H.S. Strut version) and was wondering if you guys could give me some ideas that would help him with calls as well. I am trying to see if he will come over here be at this time I will be relaying ideas. Thank you for any help given, I really want to help this guy.
Get with Espo. From old crow.  He made a box call that attaches to your gun and you pull a string to work the call.

I am guessing that you mean Old Crow Custom Calls?

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Tail Feathers on July 25, 2019, 09:12:52 PM
I would recommend a good push pin.
Thanks, that seems to be what most are thinking. I have not heard from him today, so I do not know what is going on.

John Koenig:

roberthyman14

Quote from: Sir-diealot on July 25, 2019, 09:23:27 PM

Yes sir

Sir-diealot

Quote from: roberthyman14 on July 25, 2019, 09:25:39 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on July 25, 2019, 09:23:27 PM

Yes sir

Okay, thank you, I will pass that along.

John Koenig:

wvmntnhick

Push pin, mouth call or possibly a tube come to mind. The Primos tubes have the snap on reeds so it would be easy to set up.
Are these still in production? Haven't seen one in years.

As for helping with the topic, most has already been discussed. Diaphragm being the most attainable, I'd start there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rzrbac

Yes, Primos brought them back under another name. Now they are Mossy Oak Bottomland but basically still the same as the old pop on tubes.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: wvmntnhick on July 29, 2019, 08:50:56 AM
Are these still in production? Haven't seen one in years.

As for helping with the topic, most has already been discussed. Diaphragm being the most attainable, I'd start there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure if his mouth was effected by the stroke, but if not I agree it is the most attainable.

John Koenig: